The Insight Fiesta Bowl Block Party held each year in downtown Tempe is one of the biggest New Year's events in the country. This year it just so happens that the Insight Bowl
football game will be held that afternoon as well. I just found out that if you have tickets to the Insight Bowl, you can get in to the Insight Fiesta Bowl Block Party
for free if you show your ticket stub! That's quite a deal, because those football tickets are not that expensive, and the gate price for the Block Party is $25 per ticket. All the fun will just be starting when the game is over, and all the festivities are within walking distance of Sun Devil Stadium
. The Insight Fiesta Bowl Block party is suitable for all ages. There's music, dancing, shows, bands, carnival rides, street performers, food and fireworks.
© Judy Hedding
This year, the Fiesta Bowl organization has provided a great map of all the Block Party activities
. What else could anyone want to know? Oh, yes -- since you will probably be at the Block Party for many hours, you'll want to know where the porta-potty facilities are located. Here's the list:
- Beach Park - West side of the Insight Main Stage
- Beach Park - By the food court and park restrooms
- Mill Ave. & Second St. - By the Flour Mill
- Mill Ave. & Third St. - By the Light Rail Station
- Fifth St. east of Mill Ave. - Near the entrance
- Fifth St. west of Mill Ave. - By the Johnsonville Smoker
- Sixth St. & Maple Ave. - By the Free Style Motor Cross Jump
- Seventh St. & Mill Ave. - Across from Dueling Pianos
Whew, that's a relief!