Last year Simon Cowell premiered his new show of his post-Amercian-Idol era. It was called X-Factor. X-Factor is also about finding that next new vocal star, but there are differences in the program format. Also, and most importantly, auditions are open to to both solo singers as well as groups and to people ages 12 and over, with no maximum age. You can audition for the show, right here in town.
Last year, X-Factor crowned its first winner, Melanie Amaro. She won a $5 million recording contract. Could you be next? In-person auditions will be held in Kansas City, Austin, San Franbcisco and Greensboro. Can't get to any of those cities? Not a problem. All you have to do is go to MyStudio in Tempe to create your audition video. At MyStudio you will have help setting up your video session. You will watch a short video message inside the studio from Simon Cowell explaining exactly what to do. You will have approximately two (2:00) minutes of recording time which includes thirty (:30) seconds (or 2 minutes for groups) to describe why you think you have the X Factor and one minute and thirty (1:30) seconds to perform an a Capella music recording. When your recording is complete it will automatically be processed and submitted as your official audition. MyStudio-The X Factor finalists will advance directly to a "Judges Round" where contestants will perform live before X Factor judges at locations that will be announced later. You will be contacted by a series producer if you have been selected to advance to the next round.
- You must be a legal U.S. citizen or a permanent U.S. resident who is eligible to work full-time in the United States and who is 12 years old as of January 1, 2012
- If you are under 18 years of age, you are required to have a parent or guardian present for your audition.
- Personal information forms, release forms and parental consent forms are available to download online.
- Bring two forms of picture ID.
- At the audition, do not wear anything that has a logo on it.
- You'll be required to use an X-Factor background.
- No appointments are taken. Your best bet is early in the audition period, and early in the day.
- You must sing a cappella. That means no musical instruments.
- More than one person can fit into the booth, but 12 is the maximum.
- Read the full description of all the rules and requirements.
When: Beginning March 1 through April 15, 2012
Time: Monday through Saturday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: Arizona Mills Mall (near Game Works) in Tempe, Arizona
More information: MyStudio online
Has anyone who auditioned this way ever made it to the show? As a matter of fact, you might have seen Drew Ryniewicz (pronounced rine'-uh-witz) from Chino Valley, Arizona who auditioned at MyStudio in Tempe. She was very successful on the show!
Will you be next?