Phil Mickelson autographs a
KPMG hat for a young fan.
Photo credit: Getty
In case you are wondering, Mickelson does not have the local Phoenix company, PING, as a sponsor. He's a Callaway man. Like the PING sponsored golfers, though, he does wear four initials on his golf cap or visor, KPMG. People have been asking me what that means. KPMG is a financial firm that dates back to the late 1800s. The initials KPMG represent the surnames of the four men who are considered the founders of the organizations: Klynveld, Peat, Marwick and Goerdeler.
If you aren't in town this week, or just can't join a few hundred thousand of your friends and neighbors at the event for some reason, you can catch the action on television. There will be 44.5 hours of tournament coverage on Golf Channel and CBS Sports:
- Tuesday, January 28: Replay of last year's final round on the Golf Channel at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Thursday, January 30: Round 1, 2014 on the Golf Channel at 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 31: Round 2, 2014 on the Golf Channel at 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 1: Round 3, 2014 on the Golf Channel at 11 a.m. and 8:30 p.m., and on CBS at 1 p.m.
- Sunday, February 2: Round 4, 2014 on the Golf Channel at 11 a.m. and 8:30 p.m., and on CBS at 1 p.m.
- Monday, February 3: Round 4, 2014 replay on the Golf Channel at 11:30 a.m.