Powerball and Mega Millions are multi-state lotteries. In Arizona you must be 21 years old to play Powerball or Mega Millions.
How often are Powerball and Mega Millions played?Drawings for Powerball are held each Wednesday and Saturday night. Drawings for Mega Millions are held each Tuesday and Friday night.
How much can I win in Powerball?The minimum jackpot for each drawing of Powerball ($2 per ticket) is $40 million. The minimum jackpot for Mega Millions is $12 million.
How do I select my numbers?
- Let the computer select the numbers randomly.
- Fill out a selection slip at a participating retailer and choose your own numbers. For Powerball: five white numbers, 1 through 59, plus one red Powerball number 1 through 35. For Mega Millions: five white numbers (1 through 56), plus one Megaball number (1 through 46).
- Choose your own numbers for just the white numbers or just the Powerball number and ask for a Quick Pick for the other number(s).
- You can play the same numbers (or Quick Picks) for up to 10 consecutive drawing dates on the same ticket. Just tell the retailer at the time of purchase or mark the appropriate box on your selection slip.
What combinations are winners in Powerball?There are nine ways to win:
- 5 white + Powerball wins the Powerball jackpot
- 5 white wins $1,000,000
- 4 white + Powerball wins $10,000
- 4 white wins $100
- 3 white + Powerball wins $100
- 3 white wins $7
- 2 white + Powerball wins $7
- 1 white + Powerball wins $4
- Powerball only wins $4
You can multiply your prize by marking the Power Play box on the front of the selection slip, or by asking the cashier for the Power Play option. For an extra $1 per game, your winnings (except the jackpot prize and match 5 Bonus Prizes) can be multiplied by a numbers from two to five randomly selected at draw time.
What combinations are winners in the Mega Millions game?There are nine ways to win:
- 5 white + Megaball wins the Megaball jackpot
- 5 white wins $250,000
- 4 white + Megaball wins $10,000
- 4 white wins $150
- 3 white + Megaball wins $150
- 2 white + Megaball wins $10
- 3 white wins $7
- 1 white + Megaball wins $3
- Megaball only wins $2
For an extra $1 per game, you can multiply your winnings (except jackpot) up to five times based on a number from two to five randomly selected at draw time.
How Long Do I Have To Redeem a Winning Ticket?You have 180 days from the date of the drawing.
What are my payout options if I win a jackpot?You have 60 days to decide whether you'd like a 30-year annuity or a lump-sum cash payment of approximately half the amount of the announced jackpot. After 60 days you can only receive the annuity.
How do I find the winning numbers?
- By phone at 480-829-7425
- In outlying areas, call 1-800-499-3798
- Visit a participating Arizona Lottery retailer for the winning numbers
- Visit the Arizona Lottery website the following day
- Go online to the official Powerball website
- Go online to the official Mega Millions website
Complete rules of all games are available from the Arizona Lottery. The details and rules mentioned herein are subject to change without notice.