Peoria, Arizona is the ninth largest city in the State of Arizona, with a population of over 100,000 people. It is also one of the fastest growing communities in the state. In fact, between 1990 and 2000 Peoria was the 2nd fastest growing city in the United States. Geographically, Peoria covers 144 square miles in the northwest part of the valley.
- Just a few minutes away and for just a few dollars you can enjoy an oasis in the desert. Just north of Peoria you can sail, ski, fish, or camp at Lake Pleasant Regional Park.
- You can fly simulated space flight missions! Complete with computer consoles, communication headsets, continuous messages on the loudspeakers, electronic messages, teammates and hands-on activities at science stations. Take a trip to the stars at the Challenger Space Center of Arizona.
- Theater Works brings live stage entertainment to the northwest valley at the Peoria Center for the Performing Arts.
- Dinner theatre, usually of a musical variety, is the specialty of Arizona Broadway Theatre.
- Rio Vista Community Park has a skate park, splash pad, urban fishing program, as well as a wonderful recreation center that even offers daily passes.
- Sail in silent splendor in a glider at the Turf Soaring School. They provide scenic rides as well as acrobatic flights for the more adventurous. And if you want to take lessons to be able to soar solo, they can do that, too.
- Jump to your heart's content at Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park. You can play 3-D dodgeball, trampoline basketball, jump into a foam pit, take a class or just....jump.
- Catch the Saturday night fever at Canyon Speedway Park (also known as Canyon Raceway). Canyon Raceway is a 3/8 mile clay oval that runs Modifieds.
- Check out Spring Training Baseball or one of many special events at the Peoria Sports Complex. Besides both professional and amateur baseball activities, the Peoria Sports complex hosts festivals, arts & crafts shows, several concerts, a Sports Fest, and outdoor boat shows on the 150 acre property.
- Test your skill at hitting that little white ball around at several golf courses, both executive and championship distances, in Peoria.
- Hike to your heart's content in the White Tanks or Bradshaw Mountains only minutes from town. Waterfall Trail is one of my favorite places to take the kids to see petroglyphs!
- Lace up your ice skates for some cool fun at Polar Ice Peoria. There are year-round programs for all ages, levels and interests.
- There are 14-screen Harkins Movie Theaters, restaurants and specialty shops at one of the newer open-air malls in the area, Park West Mall.
Enjoy your visit to Peoria, Arizona!
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.