Here's some good news for Phoenix area residents: Phoenix is the well performing city with respect to jobs and salaries. Out of 200 major metropolitan areas in the country, Phoenix ranked 4th.
The study was performed by The Milken Institute and is called the Milken Institute Best Performing Cities index. The index ranks metropolitan areas based on their ability to create and sustain jobs. Both long term and short term employment and salary growth are considered, as well as technology output growth.
Top Ten Best Performing Large Cities for 2007
- Ocala, Florida
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, California
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Arizona
- Orlando-Kissimmee, Florida
- Naples-Marco Island, Florida
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas
- Provo-Orem, Utah
- Las Vegas-Paradise, Nevada
- Raleigh-Cary, North Carolina