The Bottom Line
I have to say, this really isn't my kind of food. I'm not a meat loaf, mashed potatoes, canned corn and white bread bun sort of person. But I give this 5 & Diner credit for achieving what it claims to be: a reasonably priced place to take your family for a decent meal in an environment that is a little out of the ordinary and upbeat. Don't forget to order the milk shake!
- Upbeat, family environment
- Fast service
- Milk shakes are great
- Food is so-so
- Not big on food presentation
- One of the newer locations, this 5 & Diner was shiny and attractive.
- The place was busy, filled with families.
- I couldn't believe I was eating lunch while listening to the song My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
- The service was good. Soft drink refills were provided before we asked.
- Rest rooms were clean and comfortable.
- No matter where you are, you are probably within 20 minutes of one of their restaurants!
Guide Review - 5 & Diner, Peoria
When I had visited the Phoenix location of 5 and Diner I didn't order any appetizers, so this time we tried the the trio platter appetizer. 5 & Diner isn't much on presentation, but the finger foods were fine. I also had the burger with cheese, barbecue sauce and an onion ring, since our server said it was her favorite. It was OK, but not one of the best burgers I've had. One friend ordered the French Dip. He liked it--it was tasty and had a good quantity of beef on it. The third of our trio ordered the pastrami sandwich. We were confused when it came looking like a Reuben, since the menu didn't say that the bread would be buttered and grilled. In any case, there was plenty of pastrami, and he was happy about it. I ordered a chocolate shake--I couldn't resist after watching them being delivered to table after table! It was very good.
Locations in Scottsdale, Tempe, Deer Valley, Chandler, Mesa, Phoenix, Peoria/Glendale and Paradise Valley.