The Bottom Line
- Open 24 hours
- Family environment--great for kids
- Poor service
- Incredibly poor women's restroom
- Unremarkable food
- This location is not as clean and sparkly as some of the other 5 & Diner restaurants.
- This location of 5 & Diner is open 24 hours.
- There was no music playing during our visit, although there were jukeboxes available on the tables.
- All prices and offerings mentioned here are subject to change without notice.
Guide Review - 5 & Diner, Phoenix
Having taken the virtual tour at 5 & Diner's web site, I find it hard to believe we were in a related restaurant. The photos were certainly not taken at the Phoenix location, where the environment is dank and crowded. There's nothing shiny or attractive about this place, and eating outdoors would be dining in a parking lot.
Our server was uninterested. He had a distant gaze while we were ordering and had to ask us to repeat our order. Once our food was delivered, he never came back until check time, even though our table was right in front of the door to the kitchen. I never got a soft drink refill.
So why did I even give 5 & Diner two stars? I am leaving room for the fact that other locations may be better than the central Phoenix one, and that maybe other servers care more about their jobs than the one we had. Also, I gave them credit for being open 24 hours.