The Bottom Line
- Large portions, huge desserts
- Reasonably priced
- Lots of variety for menu choices
- Crowded, long waits during peak times
- This is a beef and ribs place, but there are enough menu items for the vegetarian in your group.
- The children's menu has a nice assortment of choices.
- All sandwiches and meals come with large portions of sides with many too choose from.
- The meals even come with choices of breads and muffins.
- The food at is very pleasing to look at. Oohs and ahs are often heard as people are being served.
- Many people eat their sandwiches with forks and knives, since they are too large to handle.
- Claim Jumper prepares customers early for the finale, with a display of their desserts as you enter.
- Take out containers for the leftovers flow freely and often at Claim Jumper.
- Claim Jumper has an old west flair. The restaurant is broken up into several rooms.
- Claim Jumper is a nice choice for out-of-town guests from "back east."
Guide Review - Claim Jumper Restaurant
For our entrees we ordered a Saloon Steak Sandwich, a Cheeseburger, a Spare Rib Supper, and a BBQ Pork Loin Sandwich. Again, the portions were hefty. The BBQ Pork was a delight, huge, and came with sauce on the side. The steak sandwich and burger were just fine, too.
So let's talk dessert. The desserts are, well, HUGE. Two people can easily share one. But our dilemma was that we needed to try a few for review purposes. But Claim Jumper comes to the rescue with a wonderful and creative resolution called the Eureka Sampler. For $15 we received a platter of six different desserts. We could have easily had two or three more people join the four of us for dessert. Every one of them was very good. But if you have to try the Chocolate Motherlode Cake you'll just have to order it separately since it doesn't come on the sampler platter. :-(
3063 W. Agua Fria Freeway, Phoenix, Phone: 623-581-8595
1530 W. Baseline Rd., Tempe, Phone: 480-831-8200