The Bottom Line
- Sushi lovers will enjoy it, especially at happy hour
- Attractive environment
- Non-sushi food selections were acceptable, but not fantastic.
- RA North Scottsdale: 7012 E. Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ, Phone: 480-951-5888
- RA Downtown Scottsdale: 3815 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, Phone: 480-990-9256
- RA Tempe: 411 S. Mill Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85281, Phone: 480-303-9800
- RA Ahwatukee: 4921 E. Ray Road, Phoenix, AZ 85044, Phone: 480-940-1111
- RA Mesa: 1652 S. Val Vista Drive, Mesa, AZ 85204, Phone: 480-632-9500
Guide Review - Ra Sushi
For appetizers we ordered the coconut shrimp and the pork potstickers. RA potstickers were prepared well, presented on an otherwise empty plate accompanied by a sauce with which I wasn't enamoured. The coconut shrimp dish was well presented and very tasty with a sweet, tangy sauce. Our main entrée were the Spicy Garlic Shrimp and the Chicken Yaki Soba, a noodle dish. The Spicy Garlic Shrimp dish is served in a pastry shell, and the shrimp were plentiful and very enjoyable. We would definitely recommend it. The Chicken Yaki Soba at RA was good, except for the fact that the chicken, of which there was quite a bit, was apparently grilled without much (or any) seasoning or marinade, and then placed atop the noodle/vegetable mixture, which had a ginger soy sauce mixed in. Unfortunately, the chicken doesn't 'absorb' any flavor from the rest of the dish which made it bland in my opinion.
RA is clean and modern looking, with a nice separate bar area and a sushi bar. It is very attractive and comfortable.
Our server at RA was friendly and efficient. He offered suggestions when asked, and gave appropriate warnings about taking home the sashimi (eat it quickly)!
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice. (05/04)