Submit an Event
Request for an Calendar Event Listing
I include many different types of events at About.com Phoenix. If your event is one in which I believe my readers would have an interest, it would probably fall in one of these categories:
- Monthly Event Calendars: These are annually recurring events. On these pages, I don't include seminars, restaurant events, walks, runs, garage sales, church events Here is a sample of what those pages look like.
- Free Events, Weekly Blog: These are generally non-recurring, and may include festivals, family activities, library events, seminars, health screenings, shredding events, community gatherings, smaller holiday special events. Here is a sample of what that page might look like.
- Events That Have a Cost or Donation Expected, Weekly Blog: These are generally non-recurring events where their is an admission charged, or it is anticipated that people will be spending money. Boutique/shopping events, walks and runs, local benefit concerts, seminars, book signings, golf tournaments, book sales and such would fall into this category. I don't include events that cost more than $125 per ticket. Here is a sample of what that page might look like.
- Special Holiday Events: On certain holidays, like Valentine's Day and Christmas, I have special sections devoted to events. This is the only category in which I accept restaurant special dining events. Here is a sample of what that page might look like.
You really don't have to worry about deciding which category your event falls into -- I'll do that. Just send me the details in the form below.
Types of Listings That I Do NOT Include
If your event is one of the following, don't submit it. I don't include these in my calendars or event announcements:
- restaurant or bar specials, unless the business is giving away free food or samples, no strings attached (they don't have to order other food)
- calls for vendors
- requests for volunteers
- programs/seminars at doctor offices or clinics
- band appearances at restaurants and bars. I will include them if they are part of a community event or festival.
- events that cost more than $100 per ticket
- church functions
- garage or community sales
- farmers markets
- real estate open houses
- business openings (unless there are other activities associated with it)
- book club meetings
- artist gallery openings or exhibitions
- events outside of Greater Phoenix or northern Pinal County
- events at local businesses designed to to attract the public to the business, unless it is part of a larger public event.
1. You must submit the event at least 8 days before the event date
or the registration deadline, if applicable. If I don't receive your
submission far enough in advance, you might get lucky, so still submit it --
but your chances are slim.
2. Every event must have a website to which I can link, where a reader can look for updates, contact information and additional details. At this time I do not accept Facebook or other social media pages for these links.
3. Because About.com Phoenix is not a link directory, I don't promise that even a great event will be approved for a listing; it simply depends on the event that is submitted, what the website looks like and what my editorial decisions are relative to that topic. I will always let you know, one way or the other.