4th of July festivities in Anthem are hosted by the Anthem Community Council. Anthem is a residential master-planned community located north of Phoenix, Arizona.
If this isn't the 4th of July event you are looking for, try the Greater Phoenix 4th of July Celebration Guide.
What is it called?Anthem Independence Day Celebration
When is it?Tuesday, July 3, 2012. The celebration begins at 6 p.m. Fireworks are scheduled to start at 9:30 p.m.
What does it cost?Free admission. This event is open to the public. Parking is free. Water slides and inflatables are $10 all you can ride; other attractions may also have a charge.
What will happen?A DJ will spin popular tunes, and emcee Persephone Dimson will lead the crowd in various dances. Stilt walkers, wet and dry bounce houses and slides. Patriotic glow necklaces, temporary tattoos, and American flags for sale. At about 9:20 p.m. the Luke Air Force Base Color Guard will present colors following by the singing of the National Anthem and fireworks.
Where do I park?There will be traffic control at both the Daisy Mountain and Anthem Way I-17 highway exits. Parking is available on street, in the Community Park parking lots and in the Community Center parking lot.
A variety of road restrictions in Anthem will be in effect on July 2 from 4 p.m. until midnight:
- Anthem Way between Gavilan Peak and Independence Way will be restricted to one lane both eastbound and westbound.
- The bike lane will be closed and cones will have the right vehicle lane blocked off. Cars are permitted to park on Anthem Way except where noted.
- Gavilan Peak between Anthem Way and Memorial Way will be restricted to one lane both northbound and southbound.
- The bike lane will be closed and cones will have the right vehicle lanes blocked off. Cars are permitted to park on Gavilan Peak during this time period, except where noted.
- Northbound Freedom Way and Independence way must turn right onto Anthem Way.
- Most traffic exiting the event to access I-17 will be re-routed to go eastbound on Anthem Way and southbound on Daisy Mountain to access the freeway from Daisy Mountain.
- The Community Center and the Community Center Parking Lot will close at 4 p.m. because it is the staging/fallout area for the fireworks display.
Do you have any pictures of previous Anthem Independence Day Celebrations?Yes. Here are photos of past 4th of July events in Anthem.
Where is the Anthem Independence Day Celebration?Anthem Community Park ball fields. Here is a map with address and directions to Anthem Community Park.
What else do I need to know?Please leave your pets home. Coolers are permitted. No alcoholic beverages may be brought in. Bring lawn chairs or blankets to watch the fireworks. Cash is needed to purchase food and beverages, to play on the inflatables and rides, or to purchase glow necklaces. ATMs will be available onsite.
No fireworks, or even consumer fireworks like sparklers or smoke devices, will be allowed.
For more information, visit the Anthem Community Council web site.
Looking for another 4th of July community or special event? All the celebrations and fireworks are listed in the Greater Phoenix July 4th Celebration Guide.
All times, prices and events subject to change without notice.