There are Fourth of July celebrations and fireworks all over the Greater Phoenix area for the July 4th holiday, and two of the largest are accessible by METRO Light Rail.
METRO light rail will increase service on Wednesday, July 4, 2012. Train service will ramp up from 20-minute holiday service to running every 10 minutes by 5 p.m. Service will be extended on July 4th by one hour to have the last full trips at midnight, rather than at 11 p.m.
- Tempe 4th of July event: Mill Avenue & Third Street
- Phoenix 4th of July event: Central Avenue & Indian School Rd.
Expect crowds on board, at park-and-rides and know that there may be delays. Be patient and plan ahead. Passengers are highly encouraged to purchase an all-day pass in advance for their round trip service on light rail. Buying in advance saves you time at the fare vending machines. Buy your pass online, from a transit center, retail outlet or station fare vending machine and simply activate it on July 4th.
METRO Light Rail Resources
- Phoenix METRO Light Rail Guide
- Light Rail Map
- Spending the Night? Hotels on METRO Light Rail
- Park 'n' Ride Lot Locations
- How To Buy a METRO Light Rail Ticket
For more information, visit METRO Light Rail online or call Customer Service at 602-253-5000.
Schedules are subject to change without notice.