Yield: 18 cupcakes
- Devil’s Food cup cake (ingredients and recipe below)
- gum paste hand painted masks
- edible luster powder paint
- gum paste flowers
- pulled sugar wisps
- Devil’s Food Cupcake Ingredients
- 1/3 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup thick sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Toffee Butterscotch Chocolate Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Vanilla to taste
- ½ cup Heath bar crumbs
- Cinnamon Marshmallow Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar well. Add the well-beaten eggs.
3. In a small bowl, beat the cocoa with the hot water until smooth. Add to the creamed mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the sugar mixture alternately with the sour cream. Add the vanilla and beat the mixture well.
5. Bake for about 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
Toffee Butterscotch Chocolate Filling Preparation
1. Measure the heavy cream into a small sauce pot and bring to a boil.
2. While cream is heating, measure out semisweet chocolate and butterscotch chips and set aside.
3. Once the cream comes to a boil pour it over the chocolate, add some vanilla and stir until all the chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool.
4. Once the filling has cooled fold in the Heath bar crumbs.
5. Scoop a small hole in the center of each cup cake and fill with the chocolate butterscotch filling.
Cinnamon Marshmallow Frosting Preparation
1. In a mixer add the butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
2. Whip till smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the marshmallow fluff and whip for an additional 30 seconds, until everything is combined.
4. Pipe onto filled cupcakes and decorate as desired.