You may not be a runner, or a member of a band, or even on the cheer squad of a local high school, but there will be plenty of other people just like you who want to watch the runners participate in the P.F. Chang's® Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon & 1/2 Marathon. Here are some tips for enjoying the event.
Ten Tips For Marathon Spectators
- Before the marathon ever begins, you'll want to pick up the official P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Spectator Guide at the Health & Fitness Expo for all the best spectator information. The Health & Fitness Expo is free and open to the public.
- Be a creative spectator. Signs, noisemakers and costumes always add to the entertainment for runners and walkers along the course.
- Plan to find one or two points along the course to cheer for your favorite runner or walker so that you can make it to the finish line in time.
- Some of the best viewing spots are where the bands are located.
- Plan ahead and know where the road closures are.
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, water, and a camera, and wear comfortable walking shoes. As a spectator, you might have to park farther away than the volunteers and the runners.
- Arrive at the finish line early to get a spot at the best viewing areas.
- Dress in layers. The average temperature in mid-January in the Phoenix area is about 45°F at the start and about 65°F at the finish. It will be cold in the morning!
- You won't be alone. This is a major sporting event and traffic will be a nightmare. Leave plenty of time, and be patient.
Page 1: Marathon Dates, Location, Prices, Details
Page 2: Tips for Spectators
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.