The only word I can use to describe the Heard Museum is stunning. Every time I go I am captivated by the beauty, the colors, the richness, and the uniqueness of the exhibits.
Some of the exhibits that you'll find there every time you visit include:
- History and Collections of the Heard Museum located in the Sandra Day O'Connor Gallery which traces the museum's history of more than seven decades
- We Are! Arizona's First People which is an interactive visit with Arizona's 21 federally recognized tribal communities.
- Remembering Our Indian School Days: The Boarding School Experience featuring historic photographs, memorabilia, artwork and first-person oral histories of the assimilation and Americanization Native American children.
- Every Picture Tells a Story is another interactive exhibit with more than 200 works of cultural and fine art that shows how designs tell stories based on life experiences involving the environment, nature, animal life, family life and community. Hands-on activities for all ages are found here.
- HOME: Native People of the Southwest displays the Heard Museum’s most prized masterpieces, sweeping landscapes, poetry, and personal recollections of the Southwest.