If you are accustomed to attending theatre and entertainment in other large cities around the U.S. you might be looking for a place where you can see which shows have tickets that are being offered at a deep discount. New Yorkers know that if they want to check on which Broadway shows have extra seats and are offering discounts to sell them, they go to the TKTS Booth in Times Square. So where do you go to find discounted tickets in Phoenix?
We don't have a Times Square here. As a matter of fact, we don't have any physical building or location where you can go to look at a board and see which concerts, plays or events are being discounted. You can, however, go online to Goldstar.com (sign up for offers). It is not unusual to find offers of tickets at half the normal price! There is no charge to check on current offers, and you may subscribe (no charge) to various newsletters to keep you up-to-date on offers.
Ten Things to Know Before You Buy Your Tickets
- There is no charge to sign up and receive email notices of shows and events.
- You will not get a seat assignment when you buy your tickets through Goldstar.com. You'll find out which seats you got when you arrive at the venue and pick up your tickets.
- Seats will not have obstructed view unless it indicates as such.
- If you buy all your seats at the same time you will be seated together.
- Your tickets are not mailed or emailed. You will pick them up at will call with photo ID. If you are buying the tickets for someone else, make sure that you order them with gift name details included. You can also purchase gift certificates.
- Not all performance dates will be offered here. Only the dates that the venue provides to Goldstar may be sold by Goldstar.
- This service is great for last minute events -- that's why they are discounted! Typically, you'll find tickets in the next few days or may weeks, but not more in advance than that.
- You'll be able to access a map to the venue as well as comments and reviews from other Goldstar users.
- If you sign up for the email newsletter (vendor's website), you'll receive weekly information about events that are being offered. You can select specific categories, most popular or all events.
- Sales are final. No refunds are given. If the event was canceled by the venue, contact Goldstar for refund information.
What won't you find at Goldstar.com? Chances are, you won't find any discounts for tickets to the most popular concerts or Broadway-type shows. If you can't find tickets (or the tickets you'd like) to a particular concert, sporting event or theatre you'll probably have to pay more than face value and purchase them through a ticket broker. If you do, please choose a reputable company like TicketsNow.com (Buy Direct) or Ticket Liquidator (Buy Direct) where you are provided guarantees relative to your purchase. You could buy hard-to-find tickets from scalpers/ticket exchanges, but you should beware of purchasing fake tickets if you do!
A special note: For nearly ten years there was a service called ShowUp.com, a locally operated nonprofit that offered discount tickets and information on exhibits, performances and entertainment opportunities around the state. In October 2012 that organization closed and ceased operations.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.