These Arizona resorts all offer special packages that are perfect for locals looking for a one or two day "staycation" in the Greater Phoenix area. Some of the packages are designed around golf, some around shopping, some around families, and there are always some created with couples in mind. This year, for a very special Valentine's Day, you might want to consider packing a bag. These Phoenix and Scottsdale resorts offer special one-night romance packages that include meals and/or other amenities for a relaxing and romantic getaway. They are listed here in alphabetical order.
Special Romantic Nights at Local Resorts - 2013
- An in-room Valentine’s Candlelight Romance for Two dinner at the Arizona Biltmore in central Phoenix makes a staycation at this romantic resort even more special. Lovers enjoy a three-course private candlelight dinner served in their guest room with a bottle of house wine. $150, plus tax and gratuity.
- The Boulders Resort is offering honeymooners and other couples, a special romance package that includes luxurious resort casita accommodations, daily breakfast for two ($25 daily food and beverage credit per paying adult), chilled bottle of Sparkling Wine or Sparkling Cider upon arrival, access to the award-winning Waldorf Astoria Spa and fitness facility, adult pool, steam rooms, sauna and Niwa pool. The price of the Boulders Romance Package starts at $449 night (double occupancy) for the Valentine’s Day weekend. Couple staying at The Boulders may also arrange for couples' adventures, such as a Sweetheart Valentine’s Tune up and Play Golf and Couples Golf Refresher, Stargazing, Private Hot Air Ballooning, Desert Seaplane Adventure, Moonlight Bicycle Rides, Hikes for Couples, or Rock Climbing Clinics for Couples. Contact the concierge for pricing and reservations for these options.
- Spark the romance at an intimate boutique resort, CopperWynd Resort & Club in Fountain Hills. The Romance & Rendezvous package includes a private dinner for two, custom menu designed by chef Paul O’Connor, champagne toast, roses, deluxe room with fireplace and breakfast basket delivered in-room. Starts at $499 per month, limited availability. Regular room rates for a deluxe bedroom with view start at $289 per night.
- Lovebirds can register for the Be My Honey package at Kimpton’s FireSky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale on February 14, 2013. The offer combines wining, dining and beautiful accommodations. In addition to lodging, guests will be treated to the special Valentine's Day dinner for two at Taggia, the coastal Italian eatery located inside the boutique hotel. Dining gratuity is included in the package price. Rates start at $299 and is not inclusive of room taxes. The Be My Honey package can be booked online with rate code "PVAL" or by calling 1-800-528-7867 and mentioning the package by name.
- For those looking to increase the romance this Valentine's Day, Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale provides a one-stop destination for romance. Couples can plan their engagement with the resort's onsite Engagement Agent. For the ultimate proposal, couples can spend the night in the Hideaway romance building. All guests staying in the Hideaway receive a specialty welcome Love Potion cocktail to share upon arrival, upgraded amenities to better enjoy the deep-soaking bathtub, and a variety of romantic in-room appointments. Guests also can linger longer with a guaranteed late 1 p.m. check out.
- Treat your special valentine to a Valentine Getaway at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa. The Romance package features deluxe guestroom accommodations, full American breakfast, spiced chocolate truffles and Champagne, 2 p.m. late checkout. Offers not applicable to groups, conventions, tours or other discounts. Complimentary accommodations are extended to children under 18 years of age when sharing a room with parent(s).
- This Valentine's Day, check into the Inn at Eagle Mountain in Fountain Hills. The Romance Package for Valentine's Day includes one night accommodation, choice of a bottle of Champagne, bottle of wine or non-alcoholic beverage, one-hour couples massage at Blu Sol Spa at the Inn at Eagle Mountain, breakfast for two at the Grille at Eagle Mountain Golf Club or room service. Price is $299. This offer is available for February 14, 2013 only. Taxes not included. Based on double occupancy. Based on availability. Certain restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offers. $10 breakfast vouchers provided for each person for February 15, 2013.
- The Couples Sweet Romance Package at the Montelucia Resort & Spa includes a guestroom for one night, a romantic dinner for two ($100 credit) in Prado, chocolate truffles, and rose petal turndown in the evening with Champagne. The Stupid Cupid Package is for single ladies to enjoy a night without the boys. Girlfriends will be spoiled with a spa experience at Joya Spa and Valentine’s-themed cocktails at Mbar. Starting at $394 per night, gal pals who book this package will receive overnight accommodations, 50 Joya Spa Credit (two max per room), two Valentine’s cocktails at Mbar, $50 Joya Terrace Credit (one per room).
- Arrange for a Romance Package at the Radisson Fort McDowell Resort in Fountain Hills. For each night of your stay your package includes: a welcome bottle of champagne delivered to your room; $20 per adult, per room, per night in Radisson Bucks that may be used at the Resort's Ahnala Mesquite Room, Ahnala Lounge, Poolside Café or in-room dining (not valid at casino or golf venues), discounted championship golf at WeKoPa Golf Club, and deluxe accommodations featuring new Simmons Luxury Beds. Reservations subject to availability.
- For lovers who are looking to escape and unwind in style, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is the perfect location to reconnect, relax and find romance. The package includes overnight accommodations plus a $200 resort credit per room, per night valid toward any of the resort’s four signature restaurants or services at Well & Being at Willow Stream. The Couples Celebration package starts at $600 per room, per night, based upon space availability, February 11-16, 2013.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to availability and subject to change without notice.