Here are more ways to celebrate your love on Valentine's Day. You can't eat them, and you won't spend a fortune on a meal. You will, however, be able to deliver that all important message: I Love You or I Appreciate You. I update this list right up until the big day, so check back for more listings. They appear in no particular order.
For Your Valentine: Songs, Stars and Romantic Outings - 2013
- If you want to impress her with extreme romance -- is an engagement ring part of the plan? -- how about a horse-drawn carriage ride? KC's Classic Carriage Company offers rides in historic Old Town Scottsdale, amongst beautiful fountains, statues, and other attractions in the area. Advance reservations ensure availability.
- Valentine’s Afternoon Tea at The Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix will be poured from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays in February in the Lobby Tea Lounge and features special chocolate desserts with a Valentine's Day theme. Biltmore Grand Tea is $36 and Biltmore Royal Tea, with Kir Royal or Mimosa, is $46. Tax and gratuity not included.
- The East Valley Lamplighter's Barbershop Chorus and Quartet Singing Valentines help you say "I love you!" They will deliver singing valentines across the East Valley, from Ahwatukee to Apache Junction. The recipient of your valentine will receive two love songs performed by a sharply-dressed quartet, a rose, a box of chocolates and a Valentine card. Different dates, special requests and extra songs are negotiable. Order by phone at 480-615-7464(SING).
- Order a Valentine's Day Singing Telegram from Tom LaGravinese of Amusing Events. All singing telegrams delivered in the Phoenix, Arizona area are clean, family friendly and come with appropriate gifts. Gift bags included, flowers available as an additional option.
- Arrange for Love Notes from Copperstar Repertory Co.. Copperstar's talented performers arrive in groups to perform your choice of seven great love songs. There are eight choice packages from which to choose, some of which include flowers and chocolates, or create your own customized personal Love Note. Prices start at $55 within a 20-mile radius from Chandler, 85286.
Phoenix Art Museum offers three Valentine's Day Packages. There's one for the Art Lover, one for the Food Lover, or one for the Theater Lover in your life. They all include a one-year membership to Phoenix Art Museum as well as an additional gift.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.