Christmas, New Year's Eve
By Judy Hedding
- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
- Celebrate Christmas in Phoenix
- Shopping for Gifts
- More Winter Holidays: Hanukkah and Kwanzaa
- Photo Galleries: Images of Christmas Holiday Events
- Do Some Good: Volunteer and Donate
- Holiday Lights Attractions of Days Gone By
- Celebrate Thanksgiving in Phoenix
- More Thanksgiving-Related Resources
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
Different people celebrate New Year's Eve in different ways. Some like to party, some like to dress up and attend formal events, some like to stay home and watch television. Here are some options for those of you that want to go out on December 31st. On New Year's Day, if you can get out of bed, here are some ideas on how to spend the day.
- More About New Year's Eve in Greater Phoenix
- New Year's Day - Morning Hikes at AZ State Parks
- New Year's Day - 12 Things To Do
Celebrate Christmas in Phoenix
Hundreds of ways to celebrate the holiday season await you in the Greater Phoenix area. Concerts, choirs, snow days, carnivals, holiday craft making, twinkling lights, Christmas trees, helping people in need and more. I don't know how he does it, but Santa will make appearances in probably 100 events in and around Phoenix.
- Holiday Events, Festivals and Activities - Nov. thru Dec. 6th
- Holiday Events, Festivals and Activities - Dec. 7th thru mid-Jan.
- Holiday Music and Theatre
- Where To Eat Out on Christmas Day
- Where To See Holiday Lights All Month Long
- Free Christmas Music on the Radio
- Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Travel Tips/Parking Coupon
- Can You Cut Your Own Christmas Tree?
- Where To Buy a Cut Christmas Tree
- Things To Do On Christmas Day
- December Event Calendar
- December Phoenix Concerts and Shows (Holiday and Non-Holiday)
- Find Greeting Cards with Arizona / Southwest Themes
Shopping for Gifts
For many people there is certainly a commercial aspect to the Christmas season. Here are some shopping ideas for every budget.
- What Time Do Stores Open on the Day After Thanksgiving?
- Best Phoenix Area Gift Shops for Arizona Gifts
- Restaurant Gift Cards Where You Can Get a Bonus Gift Card
- Five Arizona Gift Ideas for the Person Who Has Everything
- 2014 Calendars for Arizona Lovers
- Gift Cards I Like To Receive
- Gifts Under $10 /Stocking Stuffers
- Best Last Minute Gifts
- Arizona Christmas Gift Tags You Can Print From Your Computer
More Winter Holidays: Hanukkah and Kwanzaa
Hanukkah isn't celebrated by Jews in the same way that Christmas is celebrated by Christians, but there is sharing of food with family, lighting of candles, gift-giving and games. Kwanzaa is a celebration of African American culture. If you are looking for something to do around town during Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, here are a few ideas.
- Hanukkah Events
- Kosher Restaurants/Markets and Gifts From Israel
- Saguaro Menorah Gift Tags You Can Print From Your Computer
- How To Make Latkes
- Kwanzaa Celebration
Photo Galleries: Images of Christmas Holiday Events
These holiday picture galleries are intended to show you what kind of experience you might have if you decide to attend the festival or event. Keep in mind that events change every year, so just because you see a horse-drawn carriage, fireworks or snow in these pictures doesn't necessarily mean that those will be offered this year. From each gallery page you can access the current description of the event.
- Share a Photo of Your Holiday Lights!
- 12K's of Christmas
- Ahwatukee Festival of Lights
- Arizona Celebration of Lights
- Chandler Holiday Events
- City of Phoenix Holiday Events
- Glendale Glitters
- Golfland Winter Wonderland
- Las Noches de las Luminarias
- Mesa Arizona Temple Gardens Christmas
- Anthem Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Peoria Holiday
- McCormick Stillman Railroad Park Lights
- Surprise Holiday Party
- Tempe Fantasy of Lights/Boat Parade
Do Some Good: Volunteer and Donate
If we can't do good all year long, the holidays are a great time to think not only of ourselves, but also of others.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Find a Salvation Army Christmas Angel Tree
- Arizona Charitable and Educational Tax Credits
Holiday Lights Attractions of Days Gone By
If you are looking for a particular holiday attraction and can't find the information, it is possible that it has been discontinued. You can still experience them through these pictures!
- Arizona Celebration of Lights
- Santa's - A Christmas Theme Park
- St. Nick's Lights
- Scottsdale Fantasy of Lights
Celebrate Thanksgiving in Phoenix
Whether you are eating out on Thanksgiving, or looking for a place to order a Thanksgiving dinner to go, or just trying to figure out what to do with those Thanksgiving holiday guests, here is a guide to Thanksgiving in the Phoenix, Arizona area.
- Thanksgiving Dinner: Local Restaurants, From Cheap to Elegant
- Thanksgiving Dinner: Order It To Go, From Local Restaurants
- Thanksgiving Dinner: Order Take Out, From Local Markets (Usually Cheaper)
- Cook Thanksgiving Dinner Yourself: Recipes From Arizona Chefs
- Forgot Something? These Stores are Open on Thanksgiving Day
- Things To Do -- Besides Eat -- on Thanksgiving Day in Greater Phoenix
- Find a Turkey Trot
- How To Be Safe When Frying a Turkey
More Thanksgiving-Related Resources
November is a busy month. Relatives start to visit because of our great weather, and sometimes they don't leave until April! Kids get some time off from school. There's shopping to get done. Here are some more resources for keeping organized and enjoying the holiday season in Arizona.
- Average Holiday Temperatures in Phoenix
- Black Friday: Store Opening Times on the Day After Thanksgiving
- November Event Calendar
- November Phoenix Concerts and Shows