Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year's Eve...
By Judy Hedding, About.com Guide
- New Year's Eve
- During the Holidays - You'll Want To Know....
- Celebrate Christmas in Phoenix
- Shopping for Gifts
- More Winter Holidays: Hanukkah and Kwanzaa
- Photo Galleries: Images of Christmas Holiday Events
- Do Some Good: Volunteer and Donate
- Holiday Lights Attractions of Days Gone By
New Year's Eve
When December 31st arrives it is time to dress up (or not), wear a party hat (or not), make reservations at a fine restaurant (or not) and celebrate the coming of a new year (absolutely).
- More About New Year's Eve in Greater Phoenix
- New Year's Day - Morning Hikes at AZ State Parks
- New Year's Day - 12 Things To Do
During the Holidays - You'll Want To Know....
November and December are busy months for everyone in the Phoenix area. Relatives start to visit because of our great weather, and sometimes they don't leave until April! Kids get some time off from school. There's shopping to get done. Here are some more resources for keeping organized and enjoying the holiday season in Arizona.
- Leaving Town? Travel Tips for Holidays at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
- December Event Calendar
- December Phoenix Concerts and Shows (Holiday and Non-Holiday)
- Where To Find Greeting Cards with Arizona / Southwest Themes
- Got Relatives? Things To Do and See That Are Unique to Arizona
Celebrate Christmas in Phoenix
Hundreds of ways to celebrate the holiday season await you in the Greater Phoenix area. Concerts, choirs, snow days, carnivals, holiday craft making, twinkling lights, Christmas trees, helping people in need and more. I don't know how he does it, but Santa will make appearances in probably 100 events in and around Phoenix.
- Holiday Events, Festivals and Activities - Nov. thru Dec. 5th
- Holiday Events, Festivals and Activities - Dec. 6th thru Jan.
- Holiday Music and Theatre
- Where To Eat Out on Christmas Day
- Where To See Holiday Lights All Month Long
- Can You Cut Your Own Christmas Tree?
- Where To Buy a Cut Christmas Tree
- Things To Do On Christmas Day
- How to Recycle Your Tree
Shopping for Gifts
For many people there is certainly a commercial aspect to the Christmas season. Here are some shopping ideas for every budget.
- What Time Do Stores Open on the Day After Thanksgiving?
- Best Phoenix Area Gift Shops for Arizona Gifts
- Restaurant Gift Cards Where You Can Get a Bonus Gift Card
- Five Arizona Gift Ideas for the Person Who Has Everything
- Gift Cards I Like To Receive
- Gifts Under $10 /Stocking Stuffers
- Best Last Minute Gifts
- Ten Gifts That Say "Arizona"
- Arizona Christmas Gift Tags You Can Print From Your Computer
More Winter Holidays: Hanukkah and Kwanzaa
Hanukkah isn't celebrated by Jews in the same way that Christmas is celebrated by Christians, but there is sharing of food with family, lighting of candles, gift-giving and games. Kwanzaa is a celebration of African American culture. If you are looking for something to do around town during Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, here are a few ideas.
- Hanukkah Events
- Kosher Restaurants/Markets and Gifts From Israel
- Saguaro Menorah Gift Tags You Can Print From Your Computer
- How To Make Latkes
- Kwanzaa Celebration
Photo Galleries: Images of Christmas Holiday Events
These holiday picture galleries are intended to show you what kind of experience you might have if you decide to attend the festival or event. Keep in mind that events change every year, so just because you see a horse-drawn carriage, fireworks or snow in these pictures doesn't necessarily mean that those will be offered this year. From each gallery page you can access the current description of the event.
- Share a Photo of Your Holiday Lights!
- 12K's of Christmas
- Ahwatukee Festival of Lights
- Arizona Celebration of Lights
- Chandler Holiday Events
- City of Phoenix Holiday Events
- Glendale Glitters
- Golfland Winter Wonderland
- Las Noches de las Luminarias
- Mesa Arizona Temple Gardens Christmas
- Anthem Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Peoria Holiday
- McCormick Stillman Railroad Park Lights
- Surprise Holiday Party
- Tempe Fantasy of Lights/Boat Parade
Do Some Good: Volunteer and Donate
If we can't do good all year long, the holidays are a great time to think not only of ourselves, but also of others.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Find a Salvation Army Christmas Angel Tree
- Arizona Charitable and Educational Tax Credits
Holiday Lights Attractions of Days Gone By
If you are looking for a particular holiday attraction and can't find the information, it is possible that it has been discontinued. You can still experience them through these pictures!