If you are looking for a day of summer water park fun, Wet 'n' Wild is is a great choice. It is the biggest water park in Arizona. While it is clear that the target audience is children and teenagers, every one -- from toddler to octogenarian -- can enjoy cool, wet activities here.
Wet n' Wild Phoenix - Ten TipsHere are ten things you might want to know before you plan your visit to Wet and Wild water park in Phoenix.
- Coolers and outside food or beverage are prohibited. You may bring in one bottle of factory-sealed water.
- Do you need to rent a tube for the day? In theory, no, but at certain water slides public tubes are scarce and you'll have to wait. No tubes are necessary for the Monsoon Bay wave pool, the Boogie Board Beach or the Soak'em Sprayground splash and spray pad for the little ones. At Mammoth Falls and Raging River large rafts are provided. At Desert Racers you'll get a racing mat. At Lazy River there are usually enough tubes that if there's a wait, it probably isn't long.
- There are lockers available for rent. They are keyless, so you won't have that annoying thing to carry around.
- There is a fee to park at Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix. Gold Pass V.I.P. season passes include parking. There are fewer than 20 handicapped spaces.
- Re-entry is permitted. You may leave the park (check your phone in the car? access a cooler you have in the car? go out to eat nearby? go home and feed the dog?) and then come back in.
- You can eat in the air conditioned restaurant, or you can get snacks like barbecue, hot dogs and Shaved Ice from vendors around the park.
- Several of the attractions here have height restrictions. Anyone who is over 4 feet tall can go on all the slides and rides. At Monsoon Bay wave pool kids under 4 feet tall must wear a life jacket and have adult supervision. Soak'em Sprayground is reserved for the youngest customers. If you are more than 5 feet tall you should be accompanied by a child!
- Wet 'n' Wild is a great place for summer birthday parties. If you have 10 or more guests you can arrange for all-day reserved tables in the Birthday Party Pavilion, decorations and an all-you-can-eat lunch.
- There are swimsuit dryers in the ladies room; I didn't check in the men's room!
- Wet 'n' Wild may be very crowded on holidays and at peak times on weekends. There may also be restrictions if a large special event is booked there. Some attractions may be closed from time to time for maintenance. I recommend you call before you go to make sure there are no restrictions that would affect your visit.
All offerings are subject to change without notice.