Maricopa does not have a traditional shopping mall. The Casa Grande Outlet Mall is fairly convenient. There's no problem buying groceries or pharmacy items in Maricopa. Other retail, like clothing and gifts, are gradually entering the market.
- Pacana Park was the first major park in Maricopa, and opened in October 2006. Soccer field, football field, tennis courts, a covered playground and a stocked lake are onsite at this 22 acre park.
- There really aren't attractions in Maricopa itself.
- City sponsored activities so far revolve around youth sports and library activities.
- Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino is right outside Maricopa on the reservation. Dining, concerts, and, of course, gambling, are offered there.
- The Maricopa Salsa Festival, Fishing Derby, Founder’s Day Celebration and Holiday Homes on Parade are the special events in Maricopa.
- Shamrock Farms give dairy farm tours at their dairy in Stanford, about 20 minutes from central Maricopa.
- Attractions and events in Chandler are the closest to Maricopa when coming toward Phoenix.