Maricopa does not have a traditional shopping mall. There's no problem buying groceries or pharmacy items in Maricopa. Other retail, like clothing and gifts, are gradually entering the market.
- Pacana Park was the first major park in Maricopa, and opened in October 2006. Soccer field, football field, tennis courts, a covered playground and a stocked lake are onsite at this 22 acre park. In 2014 the Copper Sky Recreation Complex located at 44345 W Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. opened.
- There really aren't attractions in Maricopa itself.
- City sponsored activities so far revolve around youth sports and library activities.
- Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino is right outside Maricopa on the reservation. Dining, concerts, and, of course, gambling, are offered there.
- The Maricopa Salsa Festival, Fishing Derby, Founder’s Day Celebration and Holiday Homes on Parade are the special events in Maricopa.
- Shamrock Farms give dairy farm tours at their dairy in Stanford, about 20 minutes from central Maricopa.
- Attractions and events in Chandler are the closest to Maricopa when coming toward Phoenix.