The term “townhouse” has become a bit of a catch-all term in Arizona to refer to any home that shares a building with other units, particularly if there are no other units above or below. Most townhouses or townhomes in the Phoenix area are multiple story dwellings.
Townhome/Townhouse - Pros
- Less expensive than single family homes
- No neighbors above or below.
- Often has a small fenced yard
- Low maintenance lifestyle – HOA may cover roof repair and replacement, exterior maintenance, common area maintenance, and other expenses
- Often includes amenities such as a community pool
Townhome/Townhouse - Cons
- Noise from neighbors through shared walls
- Homeowners’ association fees and politics, and CC&R restrictions
- A townhome or townhouse will typically have a small yard or no yard
- Might have common stairwells