UPDATE: October 2011 - Farelli's Cinema Supper Club has closed. Farrelli's - What I Liked
Farrelli's - Be Aware
- Pleasant atmosphere
- Every seat is a good seat
- Comfortable tables and chairs
- No need to share table with strangers
- Movie selection limited
- Not cheap
- Not the way I like to see a movie
Farrelli's - The Mood
I've always liked the concept of dinner and a movie. This was my first visit to Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club and, although the outside looks a bit dated, I was pleasantly surprised at the inside. It's bright and modern and comfortable. The rooms are not huge, so the screen size is more than adequate. The room is not crowded, so you are not sitting immediately next to strangers. Unlike some dinner theatres that I've been to, you don't have to share your table with other parties, and then wonder who'll get the best view. All seats are good here. If you are a single, or if the tables are sold out, you might be assigned bar-style seating. And speaking of assignments, here's another plus--tables are assigned based on order of reservation and size of your party. That means that you don't have to line up at the front door to try to beat the other people seeing your movie.
Farelli's - The Food
Two of us went to a matinee at Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club. We shared an appetizer, each had an entree, and shared a dessert. The total, excluding beverages, tax and tip, came to about $27 each. The cost for the movie is additional, so add another $5 each for matinee pricing. The food was typical American fare. We ordered the Crab Gratinee appetizer ($10) the Chicken Farelli ($18) and BBQ Ribs ($19.50) as entrees, and a Creme Brulee ($6.50) appetizer. All were good and plentiful. Wine by the glass starts at about $7.
My Tips for Dinner and a Movie at Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club
- Movies shown at Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club are rated G, PG, PG-13 and R. Movies are full length and shown on full screens.
- Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club shows first run films that are nearing the end of their initial run.
- Reservations are highly recommended, especially on weekends.
- Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club is open 7 days per week, Mon-Fri starting at 5 p.m. and Sat-Sun starting at noon.
- No one will block your view in this movie theater. Seating is tiered.
- Arrive ½-hour prior to the movie start time for seating and ordering. That way no one has to talk too much during the movie.
- A coaster light can be illuminated to alert the staff that you want to order more food or beverages during the movie.
- Check Farelli's web site to sign up for their newsletter so you know what's playing.
What I really learned at Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club is that, although they do a great job, it probably isn't for me. For one thing, I like to enjoy a fine meal with a companion, and converse during the meal. Secondly, I am one of those people who likes to watch every second of a movie, including seeing facial expressions and background activities. It isn't enough for me to listen while I am eating. There really aren't finger foods on the adult menu--if those kid's chicken strips were available, I'd order those next time. Or maybe just dessert and a glass of wine...
How to Find Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club
There is only one Farrelli's Cinema Supper Club. It is not a chain.
14202 N. Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice. (10/07)