The Motor Vehicle Department in Phoenix (MVD Arizona) is a division of the Arizona Department of Transportation. In some states the equivalent department is called the DMV, or Department of Motor Vehicles. Here is some basic information about MVD Phoenix.
MVD Phoenix Phone NumberMVD Phoenix is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MVD offices statewide are closed on state holidays. The phone number for MVD Phoenix is 602-255-0072. If you get in the queue and are on hold by 4:30 p.m. your call will be answered.
If you are calling about your driver license, make sure you have it in front of you. If you are calling about your vehicle make sure you know your plate number or vehicle ID number.
MVD Phoenix LocationsMVD in the Phoenix area operates full service offices in Avondale, Chandler, Glendale, Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Surprise, Tempe and Wickenburg. Those services include:
- vehicle inspections
- road tests
- motorcycle skills tests
- driver licenses
- vehicle title and registration
- vehicle plates
You can find a listing of all Phoenix area offices, with their addresses and hours of operation, here.
MVD Phoenix Online ServicesSometimes you really don't have to go to MVD. Here are some of the most common services that you can do from any computer with Internet access.
- order a duplicate driver license or official ID card
- renew your vehicle's registration, if you don't need an emissions test
- change your address on driver license
- request your driver license record
- see the types of vanity or personalized plates that are available
- check to see if you have a credit or will get a refund for your plate
- register to vote in local, state and national elections
Who is a resident?MVD Phoenix requires that all Arizona residents have an Arizona driver license. There is no grace period; you must obtain a license "immediately" upon becoming a resident. For this purpose, an Arizona resident is someone who meets any one of the following conditions:
- works in Arizona
- is registered to vote in Arizona
- has children in school and doesn't pay nonresident tuition
- has a business with an office in Arizona
- has a business that operates vehicles to transport goods or passengers within Arizona
- stays in Arizona for at least 7 months during any calendar year
For more information about MVD services, visit MVD Phoenix online.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.