Ten Things To Know About The Comedy Spot Comedy Club in Downtown Scottsdale
- Ticket prices for The Comedy Spot Comedy Club are reasonably priced starting at $10. Be aware that there is always a two drink minimum per person in addition to the ticket price. Soft drinks qualify.
- You will not receive your tickets in advance. Will call is easy to find -- it's at the front door.
- If you did not make your paid reservation online (for an additional charge) then you can make your reservation by phone and pay at the door. Only cash is accepted at the door.
- Walk-ups are accepted if there is space. Many shows sell out, so don't depend on getting in as a walk-up.
- This is a small, intimate club. All seats are good seats. There are only about 12 tables, a few hi-tops for two, and circular booths on the perimeter.
- Doors open about an hour before the first showtime. Patrons are advised to arrive early -- seating is on a first-come-first served basis. There are no reserved seats.
- If, as a couple, you are seated at a table for four, be advised that you might be sharing that table with another couple.
- The food that is offered here fits mostly in the snacking category. I tried the Spinach Dip ($8) served with nacho-type chips, and one pound of Wings ($10). Credit cards are accepted for food and beverage purchases. If you are really hungry or want a finer food experience, I recommend going out either before or after the show to one of many nearby cafes or restaurants.
- Audiences are requested to keep table talk at a minimum during the show.
- Neat, but casual attire is appropriate.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with complimentary tickets for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offerings mentioned herein are subject to change without notice. 09/2011