The Bottom Line
- Good details provided about each hiking trail
- Each trail has specifics about elevation changes
- Specific directions to trails are provided
- If you think there's a map missing, check again. Some maps combine hikes.
- Includes details on more than 70 trails in Arizona where you can hike with your dog.
- Both short hikes long hikes included.
- Includes nine trails in the Phoenix area, between 1 and 5 miles.
- Most hikes outlined for the Phoenix area are easy to moderate hikes.
Guide Review - Best Hikes With Dogs Arizona
More than half the trails covered in Best Hikes With Dogs Arizona are less than 4 miles, and there are a good number in the easy category. It's important to remember that an easy hike for you might not be easy for Fido, and the author of Best Hikes With Dogs Arizona spends a significant amount of time discussing training and conditioning your dog for hiking, considering how the elements of the trail affect a dog, trail etiquette, first aid, required supplies and more.
All the hikes covered in Best Hikes With Dogs Arizona include distance, time, difficulty ratings, highest elevation, changes in elevation, best time of year, and a contact phone number for the entity responsible for the trail. There are fairly detailed directions for finding the trails, and many of the hikes have maps that give a general idea of the direction that the trail takes.
Of all the hikes in Arizona, why did the author of Best Hikes With Dogs Arizona pick these 72 trails? Each hike in this book is scenic and accessible from the major Arizona cities. They have shade along the way, and the terrain is easy on paws. Most of the hikes are day hikes, and the longer hikes that are included have a water source.