- 2 pounds Ground beef, 20% fat, well chilled
- 8 tablespoons Salt
- 4 teaspoons Black pepper, ground
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cayenne, ground
- 4 Each Sage Leaves, fresh chopped
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary, chopped fine
- ¼ Cup Parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup Milk
- Meatballs (see recipe above)
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 cups White wine
- 2 Bay leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Lemon slices
- ¼ cup Parsley leaves, whole
2. Make one small ball and cook through to do a taste test. If necessary, re-season mixture.
3. Form into 2 oz balls and place on lipped baking sheet.
4. Dampen or oil hands while forming balls to help make them smooth and evenly shaped.
5. Roast at 325 degrees until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. On a range-top in an ovenproof pot, sweat onions and garlic in oil until soft and clear.
3. Season well with salt and pepper and deglaze with white wine.
4. Add bay leaves, lemon juice, and meatballs and all pan juices into pot and place in oven.
5. Braise for about 1 to 1 ½ hours or until tender.
6. Add lemon slices and parsley leaves to garnish.