The Bottom Line
- Choose from ice cream, gelato, yogurt, sorbet
- Soy products for vegans and lactose intolerant
- Good prices
- There is a large and comfortable seating area; better than in most ice cream/yogurt shops.
- Add-ons are skimpy
- Chill-Beri has no beri?
- Small extra charge for debit/credit
- Chill is located in Tempe near A.S.U.
- Chill serves frozen yogurt, frozen vanilla soy, gelato, ice cream and fruit sorbet.
- If you are more interested in a beverage, Chill offers a variety of coffee drinks.
- You can purchase treats in four sizes, as well as in larger quantities for storing in your freezer and enjoying at home.
- Mix and match frozen treats in your cup -- I had half gelato and half sorbet in mine!
- Offerings are likely to be different every time you visit.
Guide Review - Chill
No fancy cones here, you can select either a sugar cone or a cup for your frozen treat. The allure to Chill is that they have a variety of products for every taste and most dietary restrictions. Gelato, frozen yogurt, ice cream and sorbet are all on the menu. During my visit I tried six products/flavors. My favorites? Pictachio Soy Gelato and Chocolate Soy Gelato.
I have to admit it - I tried the Chill-Beri frozen yogurt, but I don't get it. It tasted like cold plain yogurt to me, and I guess I expected there to be a berry aspect to it because of the name. No, no berries and no berry flavor. I am not generally a plain yogurt fan, so my preference in the Chill original product category was definitely the Chill-Beri Frozen Vanilla Soy. Again, no berry and plain, but sweet and smooth.
I was disappointed in the add-ons. Although they were cheap, a level teaspoon of nuts or 7 blueberries aren't enough for me. Next time I go, if I want add-ons, I'll ask for one add-on in the empty cup and then another add-on or two after the gelato has been placed in the cup. I'd gladly pay extra rather than feel like I didn't get what I wanted.