The Bottom Line
- Casual atmosphere, organic and locally grown in the focus
- Breakfast served all day
- Mix-and-match your own appetizers
- Small dining area, may be crowded on weekends
- Plastic cups and utensils
- Standard side dish is potato chips
- Wow, that's far from most anywhere!
- del Piero serves eggs, waffles, bruschettas, soups, sandwiches, salads, pannini.
- Open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily (check website for occasional closures before driving out).
- Featured on the Food Network's, "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."
- Try an Olive Oil Cupcake before you leave!
Guide Review - del Piero at Queen Creek Olive Mill
We stopped to have lunch one day after our tour of the Queen Creek Olive Mill. We shared the del Piero Vegetable Antipasto (grilled seasonal vegetables, artisan cheeses, seasonal fruits, local nuts and del Piero Hummus served with grilled olive bread), and ordered a Kalamata Sandwich (Italian and kalamata salami, capicola, herb roasted tomatoes, leafy greens, provolone, red onion and White Balsamic & Herb Crema on a grilled baugette), a Manzi Panini (Tequila lime roasted chicken, fontina cheese, Sun Dried Tomato & Parmesan Tapenade and White Balsamic & Herb Crema) and an Arbequina Panini (Smoked Beef, roasted peppers, caramelized onions, provolone and Garlic Parmesan Crema). Sandwiches are served with a small side of olives and some chips. We enjoyed all of them, but the antipasto was the highlight for me. A small gelato to top off the meal was just right - the day I was there they offered flavors like blood orange, peppermint stick and roasted banana in addition to some typical favorites. We couldn't have eaten one more thing, so I took a 4-pack of Olive Oil Cupcakes home with me! Delicious!
If you enjoy supporting local businesses and ordering from a creative menu, del Piero is a great place to stop for a casual lunch or breakfast. It's not romantic, and probably not suitable for a business meeting, but it's a miles better (albeit farther away) than your chain-type sandwich shop. Kids will like it, too.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.