The Bottom Line
- I love the salsa at Los Dos Molinos--but it's too hot for most people I go with.
- Fun environment.
- Kids will enjoy Mexican pizzas.
- Service is spotty.
- The wait can be very long at peak times. Los Dos Molinos is a fairly small place.
- I have seen descriptions of their servers as being frazzled--very accurate.
- Forget the hype. It isn't the best food in the universe. Enjoy the atmosphere, and have a good time.
- I keep going back to Los Dos Molinos!
Guide Review - Los Dos Molinos
Los Dos Molinos is known for being best for those who like their food hot. Actually, I have found that the salsas are hot, but the entrees really are not. We've had various entrees there, including chicken chimichangas, chili burritos, garlic shrimp. I have found that the amount of meat or fillings in the burritos varies. One day the burrito will be chock full, and another day it will be pretty skimpy. As far as appetizers are concerned, my favorite, when they offer it, is the chorizo/bean dip with hot crispy tortillas. Yummmm.
Los Dos Molinos makes the food fresh, and asks that you be patient after ordering. No problem--order a margarita. I thought it was one of the better ones in town. Tortillas are made fresh each day. The salsa is wonderful, but you must like it hot to enjoy it! The menu at Los Dos Molinos warns, "Sorry we do not provide a mild sauce, I do not know how to make 'mild'...."
8646 S. Central, Phoenix, 602-243-9113
260 S. Alma School, Mesa, 480-969-7475
East Main Street, Springerville, 928-333-4846
119 East 18th Street, New York, 212-505-1574