The Bottom Line
- Fresh seafood
- Daily changing menu for fresh fish
- Comfortable, not too loud
- Not special enough for repeat visits
- McGrath's Fish House is a chain, with locations in several western states. It began in Oregon.
- McGrath's Fish House has three locations in Arizona: Scottsdale, Mesa and Goodyear. (NOTE: Scottsdale closed in March 2010.)
- The menu at McGrath's Fish House offers many choices, including seafood, beef, combo meals, sandwiches, salads and pastas.
- There's an oyster bar at McGrath's Fish House for those that like their seafood right out of the shell.
- There's quite a large bar area at McGrath's, and it seems like a popular place to stop by for some oyster shooters.
Guide Review - McGrath's Fish House
The main course at McGrath's Fish House was much better. The fried food eater of our group ordered, naturally, the Seafood Combination Platter ($14) and was very pleased with it. Crab Cakes ($15) were large and a plentiful serving, but--I couldn't put my finger on it--not very crabby tasting. Prawn and Scallop Skewers ($15) were the highlight of the evening, with plenty of lightly grilled shrimp, a few scallops, and grilled vegetables. All dinners come with a choice of sides and a salad.
Our server at McGrath's Fish House recommended the Marionberry Cobbler for dessert. It wasn't really a cobbler, but with hot fruit filling, and kind of thick (not flaky) crust on top and a large scoop of French vanilla ice cream it was the kind of dessert I prefer over chocolate selections. By the way--it was huge! Thumbs up from me, despite the misleading name of the concoction.
All prices and offerings are subject to change without notice. 06/07