The Bottom Line
- Flexible preparation--tell them what you want and what you don't
- Can be difficult to eat without plates if you aren't brave
- Chips are dull
- Moe's Southwest Grill are franchises of a chain operation.
- You serve yourself soft drinks at Moe's Southwest Grill.
- Moe's has a serve yourself salsa bar.
- Food at Moe's Southwest Grill is served in baskets, no plates, plastic utensils.
- You can get kids meals from $3 - $4 including cookie and beverage at Moe's.
- Beer and frozen margaritas are also served at Moe's Southwest Grill.
- It may be southwestern but it isn't Mexican food.
- Moe's has several locations , including one at Westgate City Center.
Guide Review - Moe's Southwest Grill
Although Moe's Southwest Grill serves burritos, quesadillas, and tacos, it isn't Mexican food. They refer to their own menu as Southwestern fare. Whatever that is, it's an assembly line of basically meats, cheese and beans, veggies, and condiments served in various formats--burritos, tacos, and quesadillas.
The food is prepared when you order it. After the big decision--chicken, beef, tofu, or nothing--it's pretty straightforward from there. Beans, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, jalapenos, onions, olives...think of it like creating your Subway sub, only with southwestern attitude and a big tortilla. The result is a huge, heavy thing--in a good way--which can really only be eaten by peeling the aluminum foil off at the end and gnawing away on it gradually.
Most of the choices at Moe's come with commercial tortilla chips that I could really do without, but otherwise the platter would look bare. Unlimited drink refills are always a big hit with me. The salsa bar is self-serve; the green wasn't hot, but it was tasty. The hot sauce was certainly hot, but not cilantro/jalapeno hot. I couldn't place the flavor. I'll stick with the green.
Moe's is the kind of place that I'll get a craving for every once in a while, but having been there a couple of times I already have figured out what my favorite is, and I'll probably just stick with that every time I go in.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.