The Bottom Line
- Varied menu with tendency to Scottish/Irish entrees
- Inviting bar area
- Not a chain
- No difference between lunch and dinner menu means dinner prices at lunchtime
- Two big screen TVs in the dining room--this isn't a sports bar!
- The Red Kilt Grill and Pub is located in Chandler at the Chandler Fashion Center, next to the Harkins movie theaters.
- The address is 3163 W. Chandler Blvd. in Chandler. 480-496-2144.
- A selection of imported beers are available on tap at the Red Kilt Grill and Pub.
- Patio dining is available at the Red Kilt Grill and Pub.
Guide Review - Red Kilt Grill and Pub
The Red Kilt Grill and Pub is a pleasant looking, darkly decorated place with a menu focused on selections from the British Isles and an inviting (but cramped) bar. The bar area seems that it might be the main attraction in the evenings.
I'll present what seems to be the dissenting opinion relative to the highly acclaimed "Dreamy & Creamy Potato Cakes" which appeared to me to be more like a $6 order of potatoes with a side of potatoes. Skipping to dessert, our server highly recommended their newest offering, the Chocolate Red Velvet Cake ($6) which was not red, nor was it moist.
Next time we visit, we'll pass on appetizers and dessert and focus strictly on the entrees, which we enjoyed very much. Although you can get pizza and salads, prime rib and other standard favorites, we went right for the Bangers and Mash (bangers are sausages) at $11 and Shepherd's Pie at $13, both of which were very good. I wish there were smaller portions and price tags for lunch, but we're pretty good at eating half our food and taking the other half home when the quantities are large. Since burgers ($9) are noted as their specialty, I had to have one. You may have any or all of about 12 different toppings on your burger, and I love places that offer sweet potato fries as they do here, although they could have used a light sprinkle of brown sugar or cinnamon. Thumbs up on all three entrees.