The Bottom Line
- Special brunch menu on weekends
- Good menu variety
- Gluten-free menu offerings
- This restaurant is very dark, even in the daytime; each table has a light above.
- White Chocolate Grill is located in North Scottsdale. It defines itself as a contemporary American restaurant.
- There are two other White Chocolate Grill locations, one in Illinois and one in Colorado.
- White Chocolate Grill is open for lunch and dinner 7 days per week.
- On weekends you can order from the regular menu or the brunch menu. It is not a buffet or all-you-can-eat brunch.
- Desserts at White Chocolate Grill are designed for sharing.
- There is a very inviting and naturally lit patio area, closed off from views of parking lots and roads.
Guide Review - White Chocolate Grill
The darkness of the restaurant on a Saturday at noon was a bit daunting at first, and even a bit depressing. The White Chocolate Grill has a modern, sleek look with a dark woods and a colorful bar. We sat with a view of the food preparation area and noticed a great deal of care given to presentation, and even the positions of the foods on the plate. We had to try an appetizer -- you can order from any of their menus -- and we were happy with our AZ Egg Rolls ($9) which had a little zip, but weren't too spicy. For brunch we tried the Crab Cake Benedict ($13), Grilled Filet Benedict ($13) and a Roasted Mushroom Omelet ($10). All good, but the Crab Cake Benedict was the star of the three. The filet was a bit scarce, and the sauce wasn't hollandaise at all. We were told the sauce was a special recipe. That's fine, but please don't surprise me -- the menu indicated hollandaise! Our brunches came with nicely prepared breakfast meats, fresh fruit, banana bread, and very tasty herbed potato hash browns.
Why wouldn't we have dessert after eating eggs? The White Chocolate Brownie with chocolate (what else?) sauce and French vanilla ice cream was a luscious end to a lovely brunch.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offerings mentioned herein are subject to change without notice. 06/09