The Bottom Line
- Upscale, casual eatery
- Good food, lots of TVs
- Glendale location convenient to stadiums and movies
- One menu for both lunch and dinner; pricey for lunch
- The Yard House has locations in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Glendale. Yard House is California based.
- The Yard House boasts the world's largest selection of draft beer. At the bar, there are more than 100 taps.
- Open for lunch and dinner, seven days per week.
- You can see the keg room through a glass window in the dining room.
- Flat screen TVs and rock 'n' roll music are standard at Yard House restaurants.
- The Glendale Yard House is a popular spot before and after games at the Jobing.com Arena or University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Late night dining is offered at Yard House.
- The menu includes salads, sandwiches, burgers, seafood, pizzas and steak.
- Outside dining is offered--Westgate is a great place to people watch!
Guide Review - The Yard House
Our visit to the Yard House in Glendale was a pleasant one. Admittedly, we are not beer aficionados, and there are some people who will visit Yard House only for their extensive selection of beers on tap, beer blends and even beer floats. About 15 varieties of wine, mostly California, are available by the glass. We were there to eat lunch, and that's all this review will cover.
The Yard House at Westgate City Center had a nice look and ambiance, designed for an upscale clientele near two of our biggest sports venues and the AMC movie theaters in Glendale.
The Lobster Crab and Artichoke Dip ($11.45) was small but very tasty, and Firecracker Wings ($10.25) could easily be an entire meal. The wings were plump and there was plenty of sauce. I thought we ordered the Jamaican jerk wings for some heat, but no matter; we enjoyed these, too. The Roast Beef Dip ($11.45) and the BBQ Bacon Burger ($11) both met our high expectations. Fries were thin and crispy on the outside. Perfect. When the menu isn't burgers and pizza, it has an Asian side. The Lobster Garlic Noodles ($20.45) were loaded with garlic, just the way I like it. I was very happy with it, but it was way too much after appetizers, and it made a great meal the next day, too.
I've never had a Creme Brulee ($8.25) quite like this one, with a thick (too thick?) carmelized sugar/banana top, and with chocolate chunks in the bottom mixed in with the creamy custard. I'd definitely order that again!
The Yard House web site includes nutritional information on their items. I appreciate that, but if you are eating just about anything other than a salad or veggie pizza, and you are on a diet, don't bother looking there!
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice. 12/07.