The Bottom Line
- Something different!
- Even if you don't like 'ethnic' foods, you have suitable menu choices
- My server was Greek--I loved that!
- Some food was not authentic--good, but not authentic
- Tables are small
- The baklava at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant was a disappointment
- The roasted lemon potatoes served with the entrees are different and tasty.
- The Greek salad was OK, but too much lettuce, not enough tomatoes, feta, and cucumber.
- The service at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant was great. Plenty of staff on hand.
- Reasonably priced wine is available at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant.
- Why do I say the food is sometimes not authentic? It isn't as greasy as other Greek food I've had.
- Soft drink beverage glasses were huge. No need for refills.
- We'll definitely go back. Instead of entrees, we'll just order a wonderful variety of appetizers!
Guide Review - My Big Fat Greek Restaurant
This location of My Big Fat Greek Restaurant is the smallest and that makes it noisy, too. But Greek restaurants should be noisy, so that's OK. For three people the tables were quite small; we had to constantly pick up our dishes so our servers could put things on the table. Flaming appetizers are very popular, and every time a first course is lit, the servers all yell "Opa!" (I will loosely translate this as "Yee Hah!!"), and they will also so exclaim when any dishes are broken--this happens only accidentally at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant.
We are Tzatziki (cucumber/yogurt dip) lovers, and their's was excellent. The Spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese pie) was different than what I'm used to, but very good. We also had a Flaming Saganaki (cheese in brandy).
For the entrees at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant we enjoyed the Lamb Souvlaki, Pastitsio, and the Gyro Dinner. All came with both potatoes and rice--if you are low carb, stay away!
The portions at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant are very large. Appetizers are easily shared by two people, and we took some of our entrees home with us for lunch the next day.
We ordered baklava and rice pudding for dessert. The rice pudding was OK, but not extraordinary. The baklava's pastry was thick and chewy, instead of crisp and flaky.
Date of review: September 2004