The Bottom Line
- Great food
- Upscale atmosphere
- Superior service
- Leave the kids with a sitter
- A con for some, Capital Grille is a chain.
- You'll find an award winning wine list at the Capital Grille.
- If you have to check the prices of their wine offerings, you can't afford them!
- The Capital Grille is suitable for a romantic dinner or a business lunch.
- Let the staff at Capital Grille know if you are celebrating a special day, or want a cozy table.
- Capital Grille is open for lunch and dinner.
- The Capital Grill has dark, rich looking decor, with a private club feel.
- All prices and offerings mentioned here are subject to change without notice.
Guide Review - Capital Grille
We visited the Capital Grille on a special occasion (we don't normally spend $80 per person on dinner, including wine) and we were not let down. The appetizers, Pan Fried Calamari, and Lobster and Crab Cakes, were both delicious. The soups and salads were good, but the Tomato and Onion Salad was the best! For entrees, we chose the Lamb Chops, Steak au Poivre, and Sliced Filet. All excellent. The creamed spinach sides of creamed spinach and mashed potatoes were safe picks, and fine.
It's tough for a Creme Brulee to be better than anyone else's, as long as it is traditional, the way I like it. This one is. The Flourless Chocolate Espresso Cake was delicious.
I rarely comment on service unless it is exceptionally poor, or incredibly good. The service at Capital Grille is extraordinary, from using your name, to the ease at which the servers make having a fine meal a pleasure. Want to share a shrimp cocktail, but you want an even number of shrimp for each? Just let them know what you want. They'll take care of it. They aren't afraid to smile, but yet you can tell the staff is very professional at Capital Grille.