The Bottom Line
- Good food, nice dining room
- Reasonable prices
- A con for some, this restaurant is a chain.
- Sandwiches at Charleston's range from about $8 to $12.
- Entrees at Charleston's range from about $10 to $23, with most at $18 or under.
- Wide variety of side orders available.
- About 15 wines are offered by the glass, prices starting at about $5.
- Dress casually, bring the family.
- All prices and offerings mentioned here are subject to change without notice.
Guide Review - Charleston's Restaurant
The menu at Charlestons' is not huge, but offers enough variety to make everyone happy. Vegetarians will have only salad choices. We were in the snacking mood, so we ordered three appetizers to share: the Cream Spinach and Artichoke Dip, the Grilled Chicken Satays, and the Shrimp Cargot. The spinach and artichoke dip was OK. I wish someone would outlaw those colored tortilla chips and just serve some good warm bread with the dip! Don't order the Chicken Satay strips if you are looking forward to having peanut sauce with them. They're good, but the Asian dipping sauce served here can't compare to Thai peanut sauce. The Shrimp Cargo hit a home run. A take-off on escargot, these shrimp are served in those escargot plates in garlic butter and each shrimp has melted cheese. I'll go back just for that appetizer!
We were happy with all the entrees--the Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad, Hickory Burger with Canadian bacon and cheddar, and the pork chops with garlic mashed potatoes. Portions are hearty.