The Bottom Line
- Nice outside eating area overlooking golf course and lake
- Dillon's Grand serves lunch and dinner every day
- Barbecue selections at Dillon's Grand were unremarkable
- Dillon's Grand is located in Sun City Grand, in the northwest part of town.
- The original location of Dillon's Restaurant is at 8706 W. Thunderbird Road in Peoria.
- Dillon's offers live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, but I wasn't there at that time.
Guide Review - Dillon's Grand Restaurant
We ordered Dillon's "Award Winning" onion rings, the Spinach Artichoke Dip, and a Vegetarian Quesadilla for appetizers to share. The onion rings were nice and lightly battered as promised. (Who gives awards for onion rings?) I thought the quesadilla was tasty, while the Spinach artichoke dip (which came with chips and not lavosh as mentioned on their web site) was mediocre. Six people didn't finish any of the three appetizers presented.
Most of us ordered sandwiches: BBQ Brisket, Carolina pork, and burgers. Since Dillon's is known for their barbecue dishes, I ordered a "Build Your Own BBQ Platter" combo with brisket and smoked chicken, both sauces on the side, as pictured above. One person ordered a salad, which she enjoyed. As far as those of us who ordered barbecue, we agreed it was unremarkable, as were the sides. I liked the Apple Dumpling Dessert!
If you're looking for great BBQ, I don't think Dillon's Grand is the place. If you're looking for a nice sandwich place in a nice environment, Dillon's Grand will fit the bill.