The Bottom Line
- Nice selection, not just chicken dishes
- Nice, light dining room
- Special selections at Ahwatukee location
- Higher prices than some other Chinese buffet restaurants
- Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet is an all-you-can-eat restaurant.
- You seat yourself, and staff brings beverages, clears dishes, and will assist with special requests.
- The price of the buffet includes the beverage.
- Both locations of Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet have a Mongolian stir fry station.
- My favorite chinese buffets must have potstickers--thumbs up here!
- Several vegetable choices are available.
- The Ahwatukee location is located at 4909 E. Chandler Blvd. Phone: 480-785-0660.
- The Mesa location is located at 1744 W. Main St. Phone: 480-835-1966.
Guide Review - Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet
The Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet is a welcome exception. There are two locations, and they are different in their offerings. In Mesa, the Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet offers a nice selection of entrees, including beef and pork and even a few sushi selections. They also have several seafood items, including shrimp, oysters, and salmon fillets. At the salad bar there's calamari salad and another mixed seafood salad. At a visit at 4 p.m. The place was busy and the food was fresh-it hadn't been sitting there since lunchtime as you might find at other buffets.
The Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet in Ahwatukee is a bit more upscale. There, in addition to the items they have at Mesa, you will find a sushi bar, crab legs, lobster, a prime rib carving station, and a bar.
Clearly, the The Hong Kong Gourmet Buffet in Mesa is more 'down-to-earth' than the one in Ahwatukee, where the staff wears black and white formal attire. The food at both is good, and I recommend them.
Prices are subject to change without notice.