The Bottom Line
- Freshly prepared Thai food
- Clean, fresh, inviting and upscale atmosphere
- One menu for both lunch and dinner
- Malee's on Main was the original name of this restaurant. It opened in 1987.
- There used to be more than one Malee's, but the restaurant on Main Street in downtown Scottsdale is now the only location.
- There are several vegetarian choices on Malee's menu.
- Diners at Malee's Thai Bistro may order their entrees to any degree of hotness they prefer.
- Malee's is pronounced "mah-leez" or, if it's easier to remember, just say it like Molly's.
- Malee's Thai Bistro is pen seven days per week, dinner only on Sundays. Closed on major holidays.
Guide Review - Malee's Thai Bistro
I stopped into Malee's Thai Bistro on Main Street in Scottsdale for lunch with a business associate. It was a perfect environment for that kind of activity, and most of the people there were doing the same, with a few more casual diners doing a weekday Scottsdale lunch outing.
We shared various items from the menu including an appetizer, soup, salad, entrees and dessert. Malee's claims that the Tom Ka Gai soup ($14) is "World-Famous" and yes, I can imagine that people might come here just for the soup. It was delicious! I love variety and The Taste of Thai appetizer at Malee's was exciting. It would certainly make an entire meal for one person -- but I was forced to share! We both enjoyed our salads. No additional food should have been required by any normal humans after those courses, but we had to order the Pad Thai anyway, and we were not disappointed. Ask if the homemade coffee ice cream is available; it's rich and smooth and wonderful.
Malee's not only offers freshly prepared Thai dishes that delight the taste buds, but the presentations are colorful and appealing to the eye. Malee's Thai Bistro is appropriate for conducting business over a nice meal as well as for celebrating a special occasion.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary meal for the purpose of the review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offerings mentioned herein are subject to change without notice. 06/09