The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a place to get a special meal of fresh seafood without a snobby attitude, this centrally located restaurant is a sure bet. Excluding beverages, tax and tip, our bill came to $35.00 per person. We each had an appetizer, an entree and a dessert.
- Fresh seafood every day
- Comfortable, uncrowded atmosphere
- Everything is a la carte
- A bit pricey
- McCormick & Schmick's is dark and classy, with Tiffany-style lamps--with fish on them, of course!
- I wouldn't do it, but several people were wearing nice shorts and shorts on a Saturday night.
- The service was pleasant, and not snooty.
- There are quite a few wines available by the glass, most of which are in the $8-$10 range.
- McCormick & Schmick's can't be seen from the street. It is in the Camelback Esplanade complex.
- The AMC Esplanade 14 movie theaters are in the same complex.
- If you park in the Esplanade's Visitor Garage, McCormick & Schmick's will validate your parking.
Guide Review - McCormick & Schmicks Restaurant Review
Every day, twice each day, McCormick & Schmick's prints a menu. The reason they do this is to update the fresh fish choices that are flown in to make the dishes that appear on the menu. My companion and I ordered escargots and pan seared oysters for our appetizers. The oysters were properly cooked, hot and juicy. The escargot were fantastic. I'm a sucker for traditional escargots, hot and garlicky, and that they were. They were already removed from their little shell homes, so there's no chance of an embarrassing "Pretty Woman"-type episode with flying snails.
We knew that we had to order the shrimp and crab cakes, since half the people at McCormick & Schmick's that evening were ordering them. They exceeded our expectations. On the server's recommendation, I ordered the shrimp scampi over linguine. The shrimp were huge, as he promised they would be. In my opinion, you can never have too much garlic. They agree with me at McCormick & Schmick's!
We each had dessert. Both were OK, but not inspiring. Next time I'll order another appetizer for dessert!