Each year the Arizona Diamondbacks invite the local Phoenix area fans to a fan appreciation day. They call it Fan Fest. There are autograph sessions, photograph sessions, ballpark tours, radio panel Q&A sessions, giveaways, shopping and more. Don't forget the pitching, hitting and fielding clinics for the kids! This year the following Arizona Diamondbacks are scheduled to attend (subject to change): Heath Bell, Willie Bloomquist, Eric Chavez, Josh Collmenter, Patrick Corbin, Adam Eaton, Paul Goldschmidt, David Hernandez, Aaron Hill, Eric Hinske, Daniel Hudson, Ian Kennedy, Jason Kubel, Brandon McCarthy, John McDonald, Wade Miley, Miguel Montero, Wil Nieves, Cliff Pennington, A.J. Pollock, Martin Prado, J.J. Putz, Cody Ross, Tyler Skaggs and Brad Ziegler. Coaches expected to participate include Manager Kirk Gibson, Hitting Coach Don Baylor, Pitching Coach Charles Nagy, First Base Coach Steve Sax, Bullpen Coach Glenn Sherlock, Bench Coach Alan Trammell, Assistant Hitting Coach Turner Ward and Third Base Coach Matt Williams. Broadcasters Bob Brenly, Steve Berthiaume, Greg Schulte, Tom Candiotti, Jeff Munn, Miguel Quintana and Richard Saenz will also be in attendance, as well as Luis Gonzalez and several other former D-backs players. All participants are subject to change without notice.
In 2013 the Arizona Diamondbacks will hold Fan Fest on Saturday, February 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix, AZ. D-backs season ticket holders and race participants (see below) will be able to enter FanFest beginning at 9 a.m.
Admission is free. The first 3,000 fans will receive a SUBWAY® cash card. Each custom card features the D-backs and is loaded with an amount ranging from $1 - $100.
D-backs Fan Fest highlights include:
- D-backs home clubhouse tours
- Question and answer sessions with players, coaches, broadcasters and alumni
- Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation “Yard Sale”
- Live Sports 620 KTAR broadcast
- FOX Sports Arizona KidKaster auditions
- Family Fun Zone with D-backs speed pitch, T-ball, and interactive inflatables
- Kids' arts and crafts area
- D-backs Training Centers Wiffle ball fields and clinics
- Sports card and memorabilia show
- Sign up to audition to sing the national anthem or be a Rally-back, Golden Glover or D-backs Legends Race participant.
- 2013 Chevrolet car exhibit
Before Fan Fest Begins...You can participate in the D-backs Race Against Cancer on the same morning, before Fan Fest. Check in is from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.. The 5K race starts at 8 a.m. and the Family Fun 1K Walk starts at 9:30 a.m. Entry includes a T-shirt, a complimentary ticket to the D-backs vs. Rockies game at Chase Field on April 26, 2013, and refreshments. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation and will be distributed to Arizona non-profits that provide screening, treatment and support for those dealing with cancer. Registration cut-off is February 4th at 3 p.m. You can register online.
How the autograph sessions work
Children 12 and under will receive free autographs in a special area in right-center field during six sessions from 10:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Vouchers for each session will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis 15 minutes prior to each autograph session in front of the Kids Autograph Area. Up to one parent can accompany each child in line.
Autograph session vouchers for everyone else will go on sale at various times leading up to FanFest. The A and B autograph sessions are exclusive to season ticket holders with vouchers available for purchase starting at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013. The remaining autograph sessions are open to the public with vouchers for sessions C and D available at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013 at the Chase Field Box Office. Vouchers for the E and F sessions will be available to D-backs Insider email newsletter subscribers online at starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 8, 2013. Fans can register for the D-backs Insider online for free. Fans may purchase a maximum of one table per session and two vouchers per table. All autograph vouchers are $5, with the proceeds of the sales going to the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation. Vouchers purchased online will be available for pickup on Saturday, Feb. 9 at the Ticket Sales and Service Headquarters located inside Fan Fest. Sound complicated? Well, it is, but over the years the autograph process has become difficult and they are trying to make it fair for everyone. This event is about the fans, not dealers or people trying to make a quick buck. You can get more details about the D-backs Fan Fest autograph schedules online.
10 Things To Know Before You Go To Fan Fest
- Fan Fest is free to attend. It's an appreciation day for the Arizona Diamondbacks fans.
- You'll probably have to pay for parking, maybe $12 or more, unless you are willing to walk more than five or six blocks, and depending on what else is going on in downtown Phoenix that day.
- There are giveaways and contests, but expect to stand on long lines. The staff tries to keep them moving though, so be patient. It's part of the fun!
- At the D-Backs Fan Fest some of the players and some of the coaches will appear to sign autographs and pose for photos. Bring your camera!
- Get to Fan Fest early! Once the vouchers are sold out, no other ones will be issued and you won't get those autographs.
- Bring your own caps, shirts, and baseball cards if that's what you want autographed. Otherwise, players and coaches will use their own glossy photos to autograph for you, no extra charge.
- The Team Shop is open on Fan Fest day. There are vendor booths set up where you can purchase collectibles and baseball memorabilia.
- Outside, weather permitting, kids have an opportunity to participate in basic clinics with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Image how cool it would be to hit a wiffle ball off Ian Kennedy or David Hernandez!
- For many Fan Fest attendees, the highlight of the day is the ability to go into the D-backs dugout and walk through the locker room.
- On Fan Fest Day, you can also take a look at any seats that may still be available for season ticket subscriptions.
For more details about Dbacks Fan Fest call 602-462-FEST (3378) or visit the Dbacks Fan Fest online.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.