Tight security seems to be a part of our lives now, and so it is with Spring Training Baseball, both in Florida and Arizona. Major League Baseball has instituted security procedures at both Cactus League and Grapefruit League games.
The following security guidelines have been implemented by many Major League stadiums, although there may be variations from stadium to stadium. If you keep these in mind for Spring Training you shouldn't have any problems at the gate. Gates for cactus league games are usually open about 2 hours before game time.
- No hard sided coolers coolers of any size
- No bags larger then 16" x 16" x 8"
- No backpacks
- All fruit must be sliced prior to entry into the ballpark
- No cans, glass containers, open containers, alcohol, or weapons
- No pets
- All bags will be inspected before they are permitted into the ballpark
- Plastic, factory-sealed, bottles of water no larger than 1 liter are allowed.
Everything you need to know to get in on Cactus League action -- team schedules, tickets, stadium information, maps, team gear, photos -- can be found in the Arizona Spring Training, Cactus League Guide.