Sage Court Street Address:
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Map and Directions to Sage Court:
You can self-park for free at the resort, or you can use the valet for a fee.
Sage Court General Phone Number:
About Sage Court:
How to Get Tickets for Sage Court Concerts:
The box office for Sage Court is on the main level of the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort. It is only open on concert days. Tickets do sell out for Sage Court events, so you are taking a risk if you wait until the day of the concert to try to buy a ticket.
See a Seating Chart for Sage Court concerts and events.
Where To Stay Nearby:
10 Things To Know Before You Go:
- The Sage Court is outdoors in the grassy area in the center of the resort. Space allowing, the concerts are moved indoors into the ballroom if it rains.
- All seats are reserved seats at Sage Court events. There are areas around the seating where ticketed guests may stand if they choose to stretch their legs. However, there is no lawn seating, so blankets or lawn chairs are not permitted. Which are the best seats? There aren't really that many rows, so don't feel like you must pay VIP prices for a great view of the stage. I would stay away from the seats on the ends. The viewing angles are extreme.
- There is no shade cover over the seating at Sage Court. In the daytime, in the sun, it can be bright and hot. Dress appropriately. For example, In October, when jazz festivals are held, the seats at Sage Court don't get shade from the sun until about 4 p.m. The Amphitheater has an east/west orientation, and the stage is on the east side.
- People who don't have tickets for events, but who are staying at the resort, may have views from their patio if the room faces the center of the resort. People lounging in the pool area or in the Blue Sage restaurant can also hear whatever is happening on stage.
- Restaurants at the Marriott get busy during festivals and events. Either make a reservation, or opt for snacks at the market or coffee shops on the main floor of the resort. Ticketed patrons will have access to cash bar and some sort of reasonably priced food, like sandwiches or hot dogs, without leaving the concert area.
- Cameras with removable lenses are not permitted.
- Re-entry into the event is permitted. For longer festivals, that means you are welcome to leave to go to your room, take a nap, and come back later!
- Seats are small (16 inches) and tightly arranged. Chair cushions are permitted.
- The seating area at Sage Court is relatively flat, but the stage is elevated, so seeing the performers is not difficult for most people in the audience unless the people in front of you are cuddlers, wear big floppy hats or cowboy hats or are very tall!
- Special pit level seating in front of the stage or in raised, stage-level private areas with food/beverage may be offered for some special events. Those seats are big and comfy (and sometimes in the shade)!
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with complimentary tickets for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offerings mentioned herein are subject to change without notice. 10/11