Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino Street Address:
Chandler, Arizona 85246
Directions to the Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino:
Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino General Phone Number:
About the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino:
Nearby, you'll also find the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa. They are separate properties.
About the Ovations LIVE! Showroom:
Tickets for the Wild Horse Pass Hotel & Casino Performances at Ovations:
1. At the Gila River Hotel & Casino Gift Shop.
2. Online through various ticket sellers. Check their schedule to find out which one.
Discounted tickets are usually offered for people who have an active Players Club card.
Before the Show - AiRIA:
Ten Things To Know About Going to a Show at Ovations:
- There is no smoking in Ovations, but to get to it you'll be passing through the hotel lobby or the casino. The smoke in front of the entrance was thick when I was there, but inside it was fine.
- You may purchase beverages inside Ovations. Rest rooms are there, too, so you don't have to leave the theater.
- You may purchase snacks or food in one of the casino hotel restaurants and bring it into the showroom.
- Your choice of seats is a balancing act between cost, comfort and view. The best view is on the lower level, but the lower level is basically flat so you might have issues if the person in front of you is tall. The seats on the lower level are padded folding chairs, connected. They have plastic armrests, but the drink holders are less than valuable since any flick of an arm or wrist of the person sitting next to you would send your drink flying. The upper level seats are more comfortable, roomier, theater-type seats. Seeing over the person in front of you here is not a problem, since they are stadium-style. It is steep up there, and you'll be looking down on the performers.
- The last row on the lower level is comprised of assigned seats at a bar that runs all the way across Ovations. These would be great seats if you don't mind that people might be milling around behind you at the bar and restrooms and just standing to watch the performance.
- My favorite row for attending a concert performance here would be the 1st row in the 200s section. I can't give you the row letter, since it changes from show to show. It is raised from the rows in front of it, and no one sits directly in front of you; there is a counter on which to place drinks.
- I found that staff did not mind if people stood up in the back during the performance, as long they didn't interfere with the show or make noise.
- The staff was friendly and helpful. Although flash photography is not permitted, I didn't see them stop anyone.
- All the seats in the lower level offer a good view of the stage. There are video screens to supplement the view for the upper level seats. Acoustics in the theater are very good.
- Although I am told that all shows at Ovations are for 21+ only, I saw children at the show. If you intend to buy tickets for children, I would ask if the age limitation will be enforced for the particular show you are interested in attending.
As is common in the industry, the writer was provided with complimentary tickets for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy. All prices and offerings mentioned herein are subject to change without notice. 07/10