From the article: Things to Do and See in the Phoenix Area
We expect our public restrooms to have functioning fixtures, appropriate lighting, adequate supplies and to be maintained and clean. But some public restrooms are quite unique, beautiful or even comical. Have you been to a public bathroom in Arizona that really got your attention (in a good way) for some reason? Tell us about it! Which is a Must See?
AZ 88 in Scottsdale
- Back lit doors make it so that you can see people outside the doors, but they can't see you. Trippy experience that is totally necessary after one of their killer martinis.
- —Guest Sara
Two Great Bathrooms
- I would elect both Chino Bandido in Phoenix and Chop n Wok in Scottsdale as fabulous bathrooms. Chino has black-and-white tiles everywhere so it feels a bit Alice In Wonderland-like, while Chop n Wok's ladies' room is like a Gothic Marie Antoinette haven from the bar and bric-a-brac outside.
- —Guest PepperJess
Pay per do!
- We came back to Texas from Las Vegas through Arizona, and the restrooms were about 175 miles apart! When we finally saw one shimmering on the horizon, we were more than just a little bit shocked to read "Restroom for PAYING customers ONLY" So I bought a bag of Frito's, my wife went in and did her thing, and we made it out alive! Summer of 2006...
- —Guest Anthony
- Liberty Market restrooms in Gilbert are way cooler than the Farm Grill. Unisex, private, "water closets" each decorated differently on the inside.
- —Guest wendykenney
St Francis Restaurant
- The ladies room was -- interesting! I heard that before the St Francis at 1st Street and Camelback in Phoenix was previously the site of a bank. Check out the bank vault in the ladies room!
- Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert has really cool bathrooms. They are large, roomy, unisex, bright and clean. There's a TV!