- I was in bed and I got sung by the bark it was very painful and took days to recover
- —Guest Lin
It got my wife- we were out for a walk
- Henderson NV. 50y/o female 5'6' slender to average build, no known allergies. It was less than an hour after dark. We were together walking our small dog on a paved public sidewalk, about a block from home. No scorps on our block but we have learned that the neighborhood adjacent is literally infested. Auddenly as we were walking, she started yelling and drew up her foot to have me I put some healing "green" (bentonite?) clay paste( that I keep in a jar to treat various ills) on the site after searching for the sting site with a 10x jewelers loop. Her symptoms were mostly localized to the lower leg...the pain was like needles in foot and BURNing a lot. getting worse at some times than at others. Poison Control will not or CANNOT tell you that there are almost a dozen treatments to reduce symptoms besides the Antivenin. namely baking soda paste poultice. vinegar, dilute Ammonia (windex) She took some Alleve and 2hrs later slept thru the nite no problem. mbe her exp was 7 on 10
- —Guest Concerned Husband
Stung Arizona bark scorpion swollen toe
- As the title says I was stung on the to just a while ago I mean like ten mins ago it burns and tingles and its swollen.
- —Guest Ben
Sting to the Stomach
- My husband was loading some bag chairs in the truck when he felt a sting to his stomach. He didn't know what stung him. He kept feeling worst & worst. couldn't swallow, tingling to his toes & feet and slurred speach. I took him to the ER in Lake Havasu City and when we got there he could hardly walk or speak. The chair was still in the back of the truck and I found the BARK Scorpion in it. He had to spend the night in the hosp. His legs were twitching and his eyes were all over the place. He was very aggitated and gave the nurses a head ache.It took 3 days for him to be somewhat normal. It has been a week and he still has after effects.
- —Guest Connie Cejmer
Stung While Sleeping
- I got stung by a bark scorpion several times while sleeping. I have had a miscarriage at 4 months, kidney stones that landed me in the ER and can tell you this was worse pain. Bark scorpions, as well as all scorpions, have the ability to decide how much venom they will pump into their victims, unless they are baby's and then it's everything they've got. This one was no baby. I woke up to terrible, burning pain in my foot, knew right away what it was as I have been stung before just never this bad. I jumped out of bed, ran to get my backlight flashlight and came back to find it inches from by sleeping husbands face on the same pillow as he! I screamed and woke him up just in time! Symptoms were extreme pain, two benadryl and three Vicodin did nothing to help, ice helped, elevating my foot helped. Lasted st least right hours. Site is still swollen and bruised days later. Apparently I am lucky enough to have developed an allergy to the venom. New symptom, 2 days after, easily bruising.
- —Guest Katie
- My little boy was stung by a giant scorpion he fell done immediately and I rushed him to the hospital where he was injected I felt so bad and cried aloud seeing him rythm in pains, I made sure I killed the wicked scorpion and I burnt it
- —Guest anny
Bark scorpion in weedeater
- 85009: right in heart of Phoenix. Very surprised. Very tiny only 3/4 inch long. In a jar now. Very spooky!
- —Guest Terry
Stung in the Woods
- I got stung today by what I think was a bark scorpion (pale about 2 inches long) while out hiking with my dogs. I was foolishly digging in the dirt barehanded.. I collect old buttons, marbles & such. The sting was on the inside of my little finger & felt sort of like a the pain from a thumbtack stab. When I saw the scorpion it freaked me some as I was at least 1/2 mile from my car. I immediately stuck my finger in my mouth & started sucking it & then scraped away what appeared to be the stinger. I kept my finger tightly constricted below the bite & walked as calmly back to my car as I could. It didn't seem to hurt much or swell. When I got home I washed my hand, used some ice and drank some edible bentonite clay to absorb the toxin & applied some to the bite. It has been about 2 hours since getting bitten. Other than feelings of anxiety & some weird sensations - slightly dizzy & tingly with my finger a little bit sore - I don't feel too bad. I hope it stays this moderate.
- —Guest chsarizona
- I went to my garage to get something and stepped right on a bark scorpion! It felt like a piece of glass sliced my baby toe off! The next 24 hours were the strangest feelings I have ever encountered. The first couple hours it felt like electic shocks going thru my body, numbing hands both feet and mouth and freezing cold. The tingling felt like thawing out nova cane went on for about 24 hours..water tasted funny but food and other liquids were fine. Took Benadryl and Tylenol for pain. Very tired..after 24 hours all symptoms disapeared except my baby toe is numb ..no feeling at all..hope that feeling comes back soon..I don't ever want to experience that again..best thing to do is remain calm and don't panic unless you have trouble breathing then absolutely seek medical treatment but for the most part you can take care of it without going to the hospital....hope this helps
first time in 53 years
- I lived in AZ 53 years before my first sting last night. I stepped on the scorpion and it made me scream out-like being poked with a needle. The tail must have wrappred around to the top, fleshy part of my foot. It hurt all night, I have spine pain and am on heavy meds 24/7-it brought my pain level up to a 7. Pretty severe nerve pain. In addition to normal meds I Took additional ibuprofen, and tried to sleep in between the shock like pain that ran up my leg. Had a little uncontrollable anxiety/crying for first 30 mins, it stopped after my body adjusted to the shock. This morning, my whole foot feels numb with pins and needles-I feel a little wrung out, nothing where I would go to ER. I can halk on it but it is uncomfortable.
- —Guest azgirl
I feel gross
- I got stung in the leg three times by a bark last night. I couldnt sleep for most of the night. Mouth feels very numb, like i just had multiple cavities. Headache and leg numbness. Now its about 18 hrs later and im feeling very nauseous, feverish, and dizzy.
- —Guest Dan
New house, horrible pain
- My husband and I had just moved into our new house in July 2011. One day I was laying on the couch reading when I felt a tickle on my side by my armpit. I have dogs so just assumed it was some fur tickling me or my own hair. However, when I put my hand back to scratch it, I felt a searing pain through my finger. I literally flew off the couch and swatted at the area to get it off of me. I saw it scurry through the couch cushions and I called poison control along with research online what to do so I washed with soap and water. Poison control called very couple hours to make sure I was okay. I had pain, numbness, the prickling sensation like when your foot is asleep but much worse, and some swelling. Symptoms lasted a couple weeks and then I was okay. Then in November 2011 I started having neurological health issues which I've never had before. I am now out of wor while doctors try to sort it out. Awfully weird coincidence don't you think? Anyone else have issues after a sting?
- —Guest Misty
- Omg I just got stung by a tiny scorpion..the pain is sooo freaking intense..ive been shaking and crying for 3 hrs now.my foot ,whole leg,tongue,throat and nose are extremely numb..it feels like burning,tingling,horrific pain,headache,nausea,and no sleep here I come..omg help I don't wish this on anyone.i pray my lil children don't ever get stung.. :'(
- —Guest cat
Don't Try to Pet a Scorpion!
- I really didn't try to pet him but was scooping him into an empty margarine container as he was by our building's swimming pool when some young kids alerted me. Anyhow, I swear he jumped or I flicked the plastic lid and he landed on my forearm. It's been almost 3 days now. Im suffering it through with irritating numbness all over, sweats, my throat feeling strange and painful/sore, my eyes bother me and worse of all - the sight of the sting is the size of a large marble and extremely painful and red. I've been stung before; this time it's more painful, irritating and unpleasant. It was a 1 1/4 inch Arizona Bark scorpion.
- —Guest chuck
Stay Calm-- You Won't Die!!
- After two years in AZ, I finally got paranoid about scorpions last week and read up on them, even this forum. Sure enough, I then got stung! It was in my bed (!!!) and got me on the back of my knee. I stayed pretty calm, immediately washed it, iced it and kept my leg elevated. I have to say, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The initial sting was less painful than a bee sting. The noticeable difference is that this was a prolonged discomfort. It felt like I was getting poked by needles for a couple hours. Not really painful, just unpleasant. Despite being allergic to bees, I didn't have any other reactions other than a minute or two of tingling in my hands/feet. I was able to fall asleep again within a couple hours and felt more oddness in the morning but by afternoon it had all passed. Don't know if the location of the sting was lucky or if I have a high tolerance to pain or if others are drama queens but it wasn't the horror I anticipated.