Sick of Scorpions
- I was stung this morning during my workout. I was in my living room, felt like I had stepped on a nail or tack or something. Thought nothing of it at first, then the burning sensation started and I knew it wasn't a nail. I couldn't see anything on my toe, but the burning sensation got worse. I put my foot in running water and let it run. I knew it had been a scorpion, they seem to LOVE coming into our home (we find them all the time in my house, disgusting and creepy I know). Well, my husband found it in the stupid thing right where I had walked, it stayed right there! 5 hours later, I have a tingly sensation, feels kind of like my foot is fat (but it is not swollen), and occasionally there is a sharp pain. I don't feel anything anywhere other then my foot. It was a baby bark scorpion, and it ruined my day! I HATE SCORPIONS!!!
- —Guest Me
stung and pinched by bark scorpion
- im 10 years old and on april 17 i was sleeping and woke up in huge pain on my left foot i told my dad something bit me but he didnt know what to do so i was in pain all night long, i was dizzy, in lots of pain and lost my balence. i coudnt run it was hard to swallow and coudnt control my eyes, they kept moving. And my hands were shaky. I went to school but didnt want to and after school i picked up my backpack when i got home and that bark scorpion pinched me on the knee and i still cant feel my foot from the sting. Its been numb ever since. My mom says I am really brave and the doctor says I am really lucky.
- —Guest markus ayers
My "alarm clock" woke me up too early!
- Woke up this morning to something stinging me. I noticed it hurt really bad and it was on and off. Got up and changed my clothes just in case it was my clothes or a bug was in my clothes. Nothing was there. I told my mom what I felt and that it was really hurting me. She told me to go check the bed. Low and behold, a freakin' scorpion was in my bed and now I hate bugs to the highest level possible. Burns really bad and is stinging. Feels like fire is in and on my skin. It's spreading and every now and then I get this really immense pain and it makes me jump and then it goes away. Haven't called that Banner hotline yet but I don't think I need to. Just in a lot of pain. :/
- —Guest Courtney
- I was watching tv, when I felt a painful sting under my arm. I jumped up, shook out my sleeve and ran to my daughter sitting nearby. It literally felt as if blood was dripping dwn my arm. My daughter said there wasn't but it sure felt like it for hours. The pain was intense with burning and tingling for several hours. The second time was on my heel while standing by my bathroom sink. Wouldn't wish the pain on anyone
- —Guest Carol
My 3 year old was stung
- My 3 year old little girl was stung last night 4/8/2012 at 4:00am in her bed! she woke up screaming "it hurts" it got her just above her elbow! I called 911 right away because I've been stung before and I know the risk for children, they transfered me to poison control and after talking to them for about 30 mins they decided the best option was for the fire dept. to come over then determined she would be ok after checking her stats. She has been complaing of arm pain and tounge pain for 24 hours now and won't stop crying or eat/drink! I hate these bark scorpions and no pest control will get rid of them! TIME TO MOVE :(
- —Guest VictoriaG
- I live in west phx, born and raised. Last night I was stung by a bark scorpion. I felt a sharp like cut down the back of my leg. I'm pretty sure it stung me 3 times. Only little swelling, however a lot of tingling, and some burning. Other then that no sickness even 8 hrs later. This was the second scorpion I have found in this home in 2 months. I think I will move now! Tired of looking around my home freaked out!
- —Guest traci
- I got stung taking out the garbage barefoot (like a dummy) and not looking down! Got stung on my outer pinky toe. Immediately called 911 and they connected my to Banner poison control. Michelle was great and went over all the symptoms (and I got damn near all of 'em) I cld experience and reassured me I'd be OK. They called me every 2hrs to check on me too. The pain is terrible. It started off numbing my foot and then the tingling and throbbing pain kicked in. It came in waves like contractions. I've given birth and this pain is very comparable. The numbness spread for a while to my hands, other foot and even my mouth! Then I couldn't focus my eyeballs on anything! It was all bad. Now 24hrs later my foot is still numb and sore but Ive been nauseous all day. My foot is too sore to ice and pain meds did no good. Pretty much you just have to go through it. I hope my symptoms subside tomorrow! I just took a Benedryl so hopefully that will help too!
- —Guest Viv
Fear Of Scorpions
- Weeks ago we were on the desert and here in the United Arab Emirates it's very rare to see a scorpion, I was standing while talking with my cousin until I felt something touching my feet, I immediately got away from the place, I thought it was a beetle or something similer but in the dark it was something black and big I wasn't sure what it was until I saw that thing above him where stings come from, I shouted and my dad got a wood and hit it, it hadent's stung me but it was huge and that affected me so much ..mentaly ,I still remember when I felt it crawling on my foot and I get a shiver. now I have phobia from scorpions. I wish I could just get over it but i can't!
- —Guest Row
Stung in bed
- 1:30 AM... Had my arm under my pillow when I felt a pain on my wrist. Rubbed it trying to feel for a scratch or bump then it dawned on me something may have bitten me. Woke the wife up as I was searching around my pillow. She looked under the sheets down by her knee... There was the scorpion that got me. It's been over an hour, no tingling or numbness, just some local swelling and burning at the sting sight.
- —Guest Michael
- I woke up in d middle of d nite as a result of an unusual pain on my finger, it tingles, while in d dark unsure of wat ensued, immediately i felt another sting on my right arm an quickly hit it off it turned to be a little thick shiny insect , i chewed onions but could not sleep, i still feel the tinglin like an electric shock on the spot its about 6 hours now. What do i do?
- —Guest Lizzy
Sitting on the floor.
- I was sitting on the floor and I felt a sharp pain, and looked over and saw that sucker running away. I panicked and ran in my dads room without killing it. He took me to the doctor just to be safe. I had insomnia for weeks in fear I was gonna get stung again.
- —Guest Ashley
STUNG ON PINKY
- I was stung on my pinky I felt burninig right away . then over the next few hours my arm went numb and tingly up to my bicep area. Its been a few hours now and it still hurts . i live in nevada
- —Guest GLENN
only a fool wont learn
- Thank you to all who posted. You made our minds up to stay put in San Diego. We want no part of these creepy crawlies. We will take our chances with our economy here instead of moving to Az.
- When at my sisters house in Arizona a good while back I encountered an Arizona scorpinan, which I captured and keep as a pet. I understand that they are supposed to be aggresive but the one I have is just the oppposite. Each night I take it out an it just sit on my chest and lets me stroke its back.Have been togeather for about 6 months, was only stung once very early, I think I got a one of a kind. need help determining sex .
- —Guest David
Lots of scorpions but first sting.
- We get numerous scorpions in our bathroom every summer. Now, in January, we got one and it stung my toe. The first few hours I had stinging pain, burning, and swelling, but limited to my toe. I also had nausea. Today, the day after the sting, I have much less of those symptoms, but seasick nausea, shakiness, and chills that come and go, and have been all day. The burning and stinging had spread to a larger area of my foot, but as of right now it is very, very minimal. Took more benadryl and ibuprofen today, which helps. Feels like I have a vrius, but not quite, and the sting site feels like I just stepped on an irritating barb from a weed. I think mine was a mild reaction, thank goodness.
- —Guest Karyn